Regional Brewery Representative
Upland Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Primary responsibilities include increasing sales and securing new distribution in existing and new accounts by working closely with the distributors within the assigned territory. Responsible for profitably managing business results (volume, share, profit) among assigned retail chains. Manages assigned distributor relationships and collaborates on the development of annual business plans. Efficiently and accurately manages demand forecast and wholesaler inventory. Responsible for timely and professional communication. Ideal candidate is an extremely organized, data driven professional, adept at building and delivering compelling sales presentations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver the targeted distribution and volume goals for each territory.
- Develop a strong working relationship with the key sales people of the assigned wholesalers, to gain a stronger share of mind for the Upland portfolio.
- Educate distributor sales teams and their retailers about our portfolio of beers.
- Develop specific distribution/ launch plans in conjunction with our wholesalers for our core portfolio, new brands and seasonal offerings.
- Develops and nurtures value-enhancing strategic partnerships with key on and off premise accounts within assigned territory.
- Schedules and conducts regular sales calls with customers including business reviews and programming presentations.
- Adheres to quality standards for product freshness and presentation. Develops and implements POS materials and display enhancers. Responsible for store-level education and support.
- Manages the communication of expectations and timelines among the customer, brewery staff, and distribution partner including product release schedules, volume forecasts, pricing, distribution targets, and support materials.
- Performs administrative duties in a timely fashion (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, surveys, and all other duties as they are assigned).
- Coordinates and participates in regularly scheduled sales meetings among distribution partners and internal brewery staff.
- Maintains and publishes updated account list including detailed communication history.
- Ability and willingness to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability and willingness to participate in a myriad of customer-facing events such as festivals, store tastings, beer dinners, brewery tours, educational seminars, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional demeaner and presentation at all times – including situations in which alcohol is present.
- Regular travel is required.
- Must have a current driver’s license and clean driving history. Acceptance into Upland’s commercial auto and liability insurance policies are conditions of employment.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
*The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.