Regional Account Manager (Eastern Division)
Apply for Job
At Deschutes Brewery, we unapologetically make award-winning, damn tasty beer. We are determined to innovate, challenge the status quo, and be thought leaders at every turn. Our company culture bonds us together and creates conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of core values: Love It or Dump It, One Team One Dream, Blow Our Customers' Minds, Time for Better Is Now, Celebrate, Crafted for Community and Own It! If you are on our team, it means you are part of creating something extraordinary. You're part of Deschutes.
The Regional Account Manager will be responsible for delivering sales, distribution, and merchandising goals through building partnerships with regional off and on-premise chains. Communicates all related chain information to the sales team and wholesalers to ensure coordination of wholesaler pricing, management of wholesaler programs, and chain execution. Ideal candidates would be based out of North Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, or Florida. Three years of industry experience required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish relationships and maintain high level of interaction and communication with assigned retail chain buyers and their respective division and district management teams.
- Develop annual business plan for assigned accounts and identify resources needed to successfully execute the plan.
- Identify and set distribution objectives within assigned accounts and develop a selling story and action plan to successfully close against objectives.
- Partner with Marketing to create and deliver chain specific programs that are consistent with Deschutes Brewery overall brand image and awareness and pay a long-term return on the investment required.
- Effectively collaborate with the Deschutes Brewery field sales team and distributor network to ensure flawless execution against mandated product authorizations and programs.
- Implement, organize, execute, and evaluate promotions within chains.
- Provide leadership on category and channel opportunities.
- Plan and manage resources to address chain account opportunities.
- Conduct retail account staff trainings as required.
- Analyze internal and external data resources to develop fact-based presentations that support business plans.
- Attend and contribute to 75% of trimester meetings / ABP's with wholesalers in assigned geography.
- Benchmark and track programming and execution directly with the distributor network.
- Increase wholesaler awareness and focus on Deschutes Brewery by working with key distributors.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years' experience selling alcoholic beverages to regional chain accounts.
- Working knowledge of three-tier beverage distribution process.
- Strong computer skills a must, including demonstrated experience with MS Office suite of applications.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience working with and applying insights garnered from IRI, Nielsen and/or VIP is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to develop and deliver executive-level presentations.
- Conduct daily business in an autonomous fashion while maintaining a good "business sense" in regard to time constraints, financial guidelines, and company ethics.
- Ability to travel throughout the region weekly. Some overnight travel for training and company meetings.
- Must be able sit and/or stand for long periods of time, and work on a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. regularly.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.