Brewer II - Production Brewer
Sunriver Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Sunriver Brewing Company is seeking a detail-oriented production brewer with a passion for the highest quality craft beer. We desire someone who can maintain a safe and sanitary work environment in a fast-paced Central Oregon craft brewery. Applicants should have ridiculously high standards of safety, sanitation, and beer quality. The ideal candidate will be looking for long-term employment and growth opportunities within our company.
Job description includes (but not limited to):
- Wort production
- Yeast management
- Monitoring of product throughout fermentation and conditioning
- All aspects of cellar work- including CIP/SIP of fermentation vessels, conditioning vessels, and process piping, as well as dry hopping, fining, racking and carbonating finished beer
- QA/QC duties – including sensory evaluation, DO testing, and yeast cell counts
- Wastewater management
- General brewery cleaning, maintenance, and equipment installation
Qualification and requirements:
- A minimum of two years work experience in a production brewery or high-volume brewpub
- Ability to lift 55 pounds repeatedly as well as maneuver filled kegs (150+ pounds)
- Previous experience operating a forklift is preferred
- Flexible work schedule – able to work AM/PM, weekends and extended hours as needed
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods of time
- Ability to work on a ladder
- Ability to work in noisy, hot, wet or cold environments
- Ability to work safely, and without allergic reaction, with brewery sanitation chemicals
Sunriver Brewing Company is a family-owned business founded in Central Oregon in 2012. Operations are based in the mountain resort community of Sunriver, Oregon, with our high-volume Sunriver Pub and 12,000 square foot production facility. We opened our second pub in Bend in February 2016 and our third pub in Eugene in March 2019. Sunriver Brewing Company was awarded GABF Small Brewing Company of the Year in 2017. Our award-winning beers are created on a JVNW 15-barrel, four-vessel brewhouse. We are an employee-driven company and pride ourselves on the quality and consistency of our beers.
Sunriver Brewing Company offers competitive wages based on previous work experience and level of education. Benefits packages include health insurance (medical and dental), paid vacation, two paid holidays, sick leave, pub dollars, uniforms, educational opportunities, and free beer!