Territory Sales Manager
Apply for Job
At Deschutes Brewery, we unapologetically make award-winning, damn tasty beer. We are determined to innovate, challenge the status quo, and be thought leaders at every turn. Our company culture bonds us together and creates conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of core values: Love It or Dump It, One Team One Dream, Blow Our Customers' Minds, Time for Better Is Now, Celebrate, Crafted for Community and Own It! If you are on our team, it means you are part of creating something extraordinary. You're part of Deschutes.
We are currently recruiting for a high energy, experienced sales professional to join the Deschutes Brewery team as the Territory Sales Manager based in Los Angeles, CA. The Territory Sales Manager will serve as a key member of the sales team and will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with our distribution and account partners to promote Deschutes Brewery products within the territory. Territory Sales Managers are accountable for achieving assigned volume and profit goals, assigned distribution goals, volume per outlet goals and securing all account standards. This role is a first level business leader, responsible for management of multiple distributors and retail accounts. Travel is required in this role; time in market is ideally 4 days per week. A high level of expectation for communication and contribution in all internal, market and Distributor interactions is required.
What You'll be Doing:
- Act as the "Face of the Brewery", with communication and interaction with Distributors, Retailers, and Consumers
- Direct Distributor focus and execution and act as the Primary In-Territory Communicator and Business Manager of Distributors within assigned territory
- Conduct Distributor Reviews, planning and forecasting for all order windows, new product launches, POS and inventory orders
- Oversees and directs inventory management for all Distributor partners- ensuring negotiated and appropriate inventory levels to achieve forecast goals, support all programming and activities, and avoid all out-of-stocks
- Conducts and executes final development/approval for sales presentations, kick-off meetings, GSM's, communicates new products, brand and quality standards, brand priorities, sales tools and incentives
- Grows share of mind and market share in accounts and territory with the focus being on the growth and development of brands and portfolio.
- Communicates, ensures, and enforces Brand Standards.
- Seeks out and executes promotions, events, sponsorship opportunities.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key accounts in assigned territory
- Builds and aligns the territory operating budgets and spending plans with Division Sales Manager
- College Degree Preferred.
- 4+ years of proven excellence in Brewery or Distributor Sales Management.
- Must have excellent working knowledge and demonstration of skills relating to Distributor processes (three tier system), National Accounts, achieving results, market analytics, inventory management, market trends, retail execution, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Proven ability and demonstrated results in team management and development.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Top level organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter and excellent motivational and influencing skills-set.
- Ability to work proficiently with all standard Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Preferred previous knowledge of KARMA/VIP or similar system.
- Must have a reliable, registered and insured personal vehicle used for business travel purposes.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to pass pre-employment motor vehicle record (MVR) screening and 7-year criminal history background check.
- Must be able to travel 4 days a week within designated territory.
- Ability to perform physical activities required by the job duties including occasionally lifting and moving up to 55 pounds individually and greater weights with assistance; ability to bend, stretch, stoop, climb, and perform other physical acts associated with selling, demonstrating, and marketing product in an assigned territory.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet every one of our qualifications described. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, or how this would be determined, please feel free to contact HR@deschutesbrewery.com to discuss your application.