Key Accounts Manager
Athletic Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Athletic Brewing’s national accounts team is looking for a Key Accounts Manager, responsible for acquiring and maintaining fruitful relationships with national & regional grocery, on-premise, club, drug, mass and convenience channel chains. The primary function of this role is to sell-in and influence key retailer partners through communication and consistency. This role must be critically aware of industry best practices, regional competition, and craft beer strategies. Accomplishing this requires the demonstrated ability to develop effective presentations which include IRI/data analysis and to deliver solution-based recommendations that will positively affect both the business of our retail partners and our own business.
- Build working relationships with distributor NAM’s and chain corporate buyers
- Evaluate new opportunities, approach decision makers, and present the Athletic brand with efficient and powerful sales stories
- Provide total account management; sell-in corporate programs and brand promotions.
- Utilize data to track and analyze both Athletic Brewing and competitive performance in key accounts, identify opportunities for growth, and guide personal activities and efforts
- Create annual sales plans, track volume and manage promotional spend/budget by account and staying within budgetary guidelines
- Manage the communication and execution of programs, promotional activity, merchandising plans, and new placements through the Athletic sales force and distributor network
- Keep our chain contacts and distributor NAM’s up to date with market trends, Athletic news, and anything else that would be valuable to share.
- Understand and utilize retail databases to sell with facts.
- Monitoring customer, market, and competitive activity and provide feedback to NAM team.
- Coordinates with marketing team to develop chain-specific marketing and advertising plans.
- Provides forecast to operations team to ensure dependable supply of product
- Create and maintain profile for each core chain within the footprint
- Report monthly business status to the director of national accounts including issues, opportunities and progress vs. plans
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Locations Hiring for:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of sales experience with a combination of distributors and suppliers required
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive sales experience in the CPG, natural foods, or beverage spaces with a demonstrated track record of success as a key/national accounts manager
- Candidates with experience and/or relationships with some or all West Coast accounts –Albertsons/Vons/Pavilions/Safeway, Amazon, Trader Joe’s, WinCo, Sprouts, Raley’s, Grocery Outlet, Bashas, BevMo, Kroger, AM/PM, Costco, etc will have a significant advantage in landing this role.
Skills and Traits:
- Working knowledge of syndicated data and its application to building winning sales stories
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as with NAM team
- Effective communication, presentation, follow-up, administrative, and organizational skills.
- High level of expertise in analyzing information and making informative based recommendations.
- Conducts work in a sitting position primarily; however, job requires walking, bending, stooping, and lifting.
- Significant travel and driving is expected
- Location: Work from home/road (welcome at breweries anytime!)
- Salary: Commensurate with experience - Base salary, commission, and opportunities for performance bonuses.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Key Accounts - (specify region) - example Key Accounts - West
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.