Aeronaut Brewing Company
Apply for Job
AERONAUT is a craft brewery and taproom, founded in Somerville, MA. We brew a wide variety of innovative and scientifically driven craft beers, from traditional lagers to hazy IPAs and barrel-aged sours. Our goal is to share the excitement and enjoyment of adventurous, inspired beer with our community.
We recently expanded to a second location in Everett, MA, The AERONAUT CANNERY, where we have increased production capacity and opened a second taproom. We are actively growing our wholesale business and are seeking a talented salesperson to support and drive those efforts.Job description
Aeronaut Brewing Company is seeking a well qualified individual for the position of Sales Representative. In this role, you will work with our Distribution Director, wholesaler partners, and retailers to achieve volume and distribution goals, promote the Aeronaut brand and ensure product quality and prominence in the assigned territory. You will develop expert-level knowledge of Aeronaut’s beer and brand and represent us at on-premise and off-premise accounts. The position reports directly to the Distribution Director.
The Sales Representative position is full-time (40 hours/week), salaried, overtime-exempt with opportunities for sales incentive bonuses. The Sales Representative will travel to accounts throughout Massachusetts (occasionally beyond), with a focus on the MA-128 circle. This job will also require a regular presence at both the Somerville and Everett Aeronaut locations.Job responsibilities
- Regular account calls and visits
- Responsible for relationships with 80+ accounts
- Anticipated check-ins/visits with 40-50 accounts per week
- During account visits:
- Establish relationships with buyers and account representatives
- Improve displays and representations of Aeronaut’s brand
- Provide marketing/advertising tools and assistance
- Push for expanded offerings, provide samples
- Inform on company news and upcoming releases
- Check in on quality of beer on shelves
- Collect and report account information/data
- Sales calls to self-distributed accounts
- Solicit orders and promote expanded offerings
- Maintain relationships
- Collect payments
- Exchange out-of-code products
- Working with Distribution Director, assist distributors with sales growth
- Communicate regularly with Distributor Sales Reps
- Analyze performance of distributor accounts
- Assist with marketing and promotion by visiting accounts, conducting tastings, and representing Aeronaut at marketing events for targeted accounts.
- Open new accounts
- Identify and open new local accounts for self-distribution
- Develop new accounts that could be fulfilled by our distributors. Ensure those accounts are opened.
- Sales analysis and goals
- Regularly review sales numbers and ensure targets are met
- Determine priority list for account visits based on performance and other desired metrics
- Provide weekly reports to management on sales performance
- Marketing and representation
- Conduct weekly marketing and/or tasting events at key accounts
- Represent Aeronaut at beer festivals, markets and other marketing events (when COVID restrictions lift)
- Work with Events and Communications team to identify opportunities for new marketing initiatives or merchandise that should be developed.
- At least two years of sales experience working in the craft beverage industry.
- A passion for craft beverages and knowledge of the local market, as well as wholesaler operations.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Excellent sales, organizational, and planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and extremely personable.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and within a team environment.
- Familiarity with spreadsheet and database software, including excel and google drive.
- Strong intuition on sales development and merchandising.
- Very organized with strong attention to detail and time management.
- Ability to work occasional weekend and evening events as needed.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and a registered, reliable, and insured vehicle, and ability to drive between assigned accounts.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Options
- Growth Potential and Career Advancement
- Paid vacation, sick time and holidays
- Beer benefits
- Sales incentive programs
As an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in the craft beer industry, we encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and we particularly encourage applicants from backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in the craft beer industry.