Trade and Field Marketing Director
Founders Brewing Co
Apply for Job
The Trade & Field Marketing Director will report directly to the CSO, and dotted line to the VP, Marketing to ensure an understanding of the national brand strategy and guidelines for field execution. This role is a member of the sales leadership team.
This role will be responsible for developing our FBC field & trade marketing strategies as part of our annual business plan. In addition, this role owns the creation & execution of integrated trade marketing programs to support major chain customers, and top 10 development markets. They will oversee both field marketing managers and a market development manager as they localize national marketing plans to priority markets or key customers.
The direct reports of the Director, Trade & Field Marketing will focus on the execution of the strategy this role develops including the following areas of field marketing:
Experiential activities, local/regional sponsorships, festivals with priority in our top 10 markets to activate our brands at the street and grassroots level.
Coordination of local media planning/buys thru the annual ABP planning process in our top 10 development markets.
Adapting national marketing campaigns to local or customer needs, and point of sale (POS) adoption, creation (work with agencies on the development of relevant POS), and execution.
The FMM’s and MDM will own how we bring the brand to life at a local level, how we tell the Founders story, and how we live the brand’s values.
This position will travel and support our Business Units, National Accounts trade marketing activity and top 10 market development markets. This position will reside in Michigan to facilitate working with the sales and marketing leadership teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops annual strategic marketing plans for national trade marketing and field marketing activation including the development and ownership of the budget allocation. Will present annual marketing plans to CSO and VP of Marketing, as well as review final plans with sales leadership team.
- Serves as primary point of contact for all trade marketing needs for national accounts and development markets. Will lead development of third party partnerships in creating industry leading trade marketing programming.
- Works with sales team and wholesalers to pursue and vet sponsorships, festivals, and other strategic partnerships. Work cooperatively with distributor to fund, plan, and execute. Ensures events planned by team are consistent with brand guidelines and align with national marketing strategy. Ensures post program reviews are executed.
- Deliver against consumer needs by executing national marketing programs at the local level in relevant markets, distributor, or customer. Execute marketing plans through trade marketing programs, experiential marketing events, sponsorships, media, and/or customer and distributor programs.
- Develops strategy for building relationships with media, influencers, and cultural groups.
- Work with sales leadership team to establish POS retail goals, ensure tracking systems are in place to measure execution with sales team and wholesaler.
- This position will help develop with sales and marketing leadership to proper POS strategy to improve execution of brand voice into the market place. May be involved in developing promotional agencies partnerships to ensure POS standards are known and met.
- Attend sales, key account, and wholesaler meetings if needed.
- This role may require a minimum of 20-30% travel for developing and executing annual marketing plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Marketing, Communications, or Business. An MBA considered a plus.
- Two to four years related marketing experience in field/trade marketing and experiential activations; alcohol/beverage industry experience a plus. Strong CPG programming development experience a plus.
- Experience in working with advertising agencies, 3rd party event and promotional agencies, public relations, digital marketing, and understanding of the three-tier beverage system considered a plus.
- Solid people management experience a must with proven track record for developing marketing personnel.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and correctly prioritize multiple projects.
- Consistently achieves desired outcomes on time and with a minimum of avoidable errors and issues.
- Distinguished written and verbal communication skills including strong presentation skills. Strong influence skills a must for this role.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment and adaptable to change.
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to seek out opportunities and solve problems.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills. Must have the confidence and ability to communicate and influence at all levels and across functions, outside and inside the company.
- Positive attitude and infectious personal drive that energizes others.
- A valued team player that is a role model for collaboration.
- Conducts oneself professionally. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Proven ability in critical thinking and problem solving.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.