Craft Brewery Sales Representative
Third Space Brewing
Apply for this Job
Third Space Brewing is an award-winning production craft brewery located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We are a rapidly growing brewery with a passion for creating high-quality craft beer and a fun and welcoming “third space” for our customers (you have your home, you have your work, but everyone needs a third space). We have a tap room and beer garden on site in our 11,000 square foot brewing facility in the historic Menomonee River Valley. Third Space Brewing currently sells beer in accounts throughout Southern and Northeastern Wisconsin with plans to expand statewide.
We strive to create a company culture and a brand that is fun, approachable, and team oriented. We value impeccable customer service, hard work, integrity, and a devotion to creating and selling high-quality beer.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Degree in marketing, sales, business or another relevant field preferred)
- Familiarity with the three-tier system, and having at least 2 years’ Supplier or Wholesaler beverage sales experience
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable car, and current car insurance
- Basic computer skills (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to lift more than 40 lbs. and move kegs of 165 lbs. or more
- Residence in or willingness to relocate to Madison, WI
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay on task and hit targets in an autonomous and often unstructured environment
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Enjoy meeting new people, building relationships, and competitive sales
- Engaging, outgoing, and friendly personality
- An appreciation for and knowledgeable about Craft Beer & the Craft Beer Industry
- Willing and able to travel throughout the state
- Willing and able to work nights and weekends often
Essential Job Functions
- Visit 10+ accounts per day and log visits in Karma notes
- Be prepared for each and every sales call – Samples, POS, Sell Sheets, etc.
- Plan out your days and account calls week(s) in advance
- Engage, activate, motivate, and manage our distributor partners to facilitate increased Third Space Brewing Sales
- Arrange, attend, and manage on and offsite tastings, festivals, beer dinners, promotions, special events, etc.
- Interact with, and engage consumers at above mentioned events (touch tables, run raffles, and build brand excitement and awareness)
- Assist in setting regular sales goals and creating target account lists
- Advise the Director of Sales & Marketing of market trends and other insights from the street
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Maintaining, cleaning, and organizing Sales and Event equipment such as Jockey Boxes, Tents, Tablecloths, etc.
- Cleaning and organizing work environments like Storage Racks, Office, Car/Truck
- Inventory day to day work essentials & communicate needs to Director of Sales & Marketing - POS, CO2, Samples, Tap handles, Stickers, etc.
- Assist with large taproom events such as Anniversary Parties & IPA Fest
- Create and present regular updates to our distributor partners
- This position is an “Outside Sales” position, and the majority of your time will be spent in the trade at accounts, events, and at our wholesaler(s). The remainder of your working hours will be in the office planning your account calls and follow ups. There will be significant time driving between accounts and events. Many working hours will be at night and on the weekends.
Compensation and Benefits
- Base salary DOE, plus bonus
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Beer allocation
- Mileage and business expense reimbursement