Apply for Job
Sure, you could manage a team for any company, but how much more fun would it be to be a leader at one of the top beverage sales companies in Michigan? Our team is statewide and we are dedicated to customer service, hiring and developing knowledgeable people, maintaining a diverse and innovative portfolio and our employees say the best parts about working here are the awesome people and the family atmosphere. If you would love to lead our marketing initiatives, keep reading!
Eat. Sleep. Lead. Repeat: Our Marketing Director leads, manages and holds the Marketing team accountable including Brand Managers, Inventory Specialists, and Graphic Designers. This position is based out of our Kalamazoo Headquarters and is responsible for the company’s marketing and portfolio strategy including innovative advertising, events, brand launches, and promotional calendars. We take great pride in choosing leaders who can handle the hard work, think strategically and create solutions, motivate their team to achieve goals, and show a passion for leading and developing others.
Like a fine wine, Imperial Beverage has been getting better with age since 1933. We are a Michigan family-owned beverage distributor and we are passionate about helping others succeed – at work and in the community. We only hire those with passion, integrity, customer focus and the desire for hard work. Once all the work is done at our fast-paced company, we also like to have fun and lots of it!
Will work for beer? Great! Working for a beverage distributor has its perks. Not only will you get to learn about and sample our products, but we also include health, dental and vision insurance, a 401K match which allows you to be fully vested after 6 months of employment, a generous PTO policy, leadership development opportunities, a focus on promoting from within and awesome company events like tickets to baseball games and weekend camping trips.
A Day in the Life
- Be a positive example of working hard and having fun
- Lead and manage the Marketing team
- Oversee and assist in planning Trade Shows, brand launches, advertising, social media, events, and all Marketing strategies
- Build ownership and hold your team accountable
- Consistently identify department opportunities for improvement and create plans for implementation
- Maintain key supplier relationships
- Develop pricing strategies for products
- Work with the Sales team on brand initiatives
- Stay up-to-date on new products and the changing needs of the market
- Attend all Leadership Development Training that Imperial provides
- Enjoy a work hard/play hard culture
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent education and experience) in Marketing, Communications, Sales or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in marketing and communications
- 3+ years’ experience in management
- Leadership skills to direct employees and oversee department operations
- Advanced knowledge of beer, wine and spirits preferred
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong analytical skills and numeric ability
- Ability to provide creative direction
- Ability to create positive relationships
- Ability to attain a Michigan Liquor Control Commission license
- Ability to coordinate processes and work well with various departments