Territory Sales Manager
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This RoleThe Territory Sales Manager is responsible for achieving our Business Plan objectives by executing both at retail and through their respective wholesaler network. This position will serve as the main point of contact for their assigned wholesalers, focusing on volume and distribution goals, wholesaler leadership and retail execution. This position will provide wholesaler management responsibilities to at least 3 wholesalers and could include a multi-state territory. The Territory Sales Manager 1 will spend approximately 60% of their time in retail execution.
What You Will Do
- Build partnerships with strategic accounts, both on- and off-premise
- Call on existing account base within territory to obtain new distribution, execute promotional activity and increase market share within their assigned territory
- Build and maintain a positive rapport with new and existing accounts through consistent communication, diligent attention to account’s needs, and dependable service
- Solicit new business to increase volume/distribution/share within the assigned territory
- Identify retail opportunities and sell/execute against those opportunities
- Ensure proper merchandising of product and point-of-sale materials within territory and according to our brand standards
- Generate sales by maintaining/increasing shelf facings and positioning
- Merchandise and service accounts including our Q/A measures- clean POS, rotate stock, packaging repair/replacement, etc.
- Identify field quality concerns and report using appropriate procedures (Formstack forms, Keg Return Merchandise Authorization RMA)).
- Coordinate events and promotions to deliver greater brand awareness and stimulate sales
Please Apply if You Have
- Associate's Degree or any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved required
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Marketing preferred
- 2 years Wholesale/supplier management experience required
- Previous wholesale/supplier management experience in the alcohol beverage industry preferred
- In depth knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals, including volume, distribution, and profitability
- Strong organization and time management skills
- In-depth knowledge of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.’s history, culture and product
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both retail and wholesale
- Excellent organizational, analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent sales skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- DL - Driver's License free of any major moving violations within the last three years Upon Hire required
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check