Victory Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Brewing Manager will oversee and lead all brewery operations to meet and exceed productivity, quality, cost, service, safety and delivery goals. This position will ensure that our operation is running at its maximum efficiency and that, above all, quality is assured. The Brewing Manager will facilitate the maintenance and reliability of all brewery equipment, including brewhouse, cellar, utilities, and instrumentation as well as continuing to create and maintain standardization of operations.
Reports to: Director of Brewery Operations
- Work with Director of Brewery Operations to create operating plan for the brewery; establish objectives, procedures and performance measures for each function/area of the brewery. Maintain performance measures and deliver to the brewery team.
- Review performance against operating plans, standards, and scorecards; work with team to interpret results and implement countermeasures as required.
- Review and approve plans for the control of plant outputs, inventory/raw materials, maintenance and operational spending, work force utilization, equipment productivity and maintenance, facility maintenance and execution of quality standards.
- Schedule brewery operations in the brewhouse, cellar, and if necessary packaging departments. Communicate schedule with entire brewery organization including Quality, Maintenance, and Supply Chain.
- Quickly respond to technical issues in the brewery.
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting problems and implementing new products into our processes.
- Recruit, develop and motivate a high performance team and ensure adequate training is provided for all positions.
- Communicate for alignment; keep all employees informed as to company/department plans and progress; help set and adjust individual priorities; constantly work to create engagement.
- Drive the implementation of lasting process improvements.
- Participate in capital equipment projects, including cost effective analysis and purchasing.
- Lead and participate in weekly and monthly coaching staff meetings.
- Represent the company to external parties as needed/appropriate. Project a positive image to the customers we serve and the industry in which we participate. Communicate with external parties in a professional and timely fashion.
- Maintain familiarity and oversight for all control and regulatory requirements including but not limited to TTB, environmental, etc.) related to the production of beers.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering or Life Sciences, (Chemistry, Microbiology, or Fermentation Science)
- 10+ years’ experience in operations management with a variety of functional experiences; MUST have food & beverage industry experience, preferably in alcoholic beverages.
- Strong understanding of brewing process including quality standards and practices
- Ability to execute brewery operations if needed, including the ability to work rotational shifts.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skill set.
- Positive attitude
- Results orientation
- Demonstrated ability to manage strategically, execute tactically and provide leadership to others
- Ability to relate well to people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated understanding of all the levers associated with managing a business
- Exceptional commitment to quality at all points in the production process
- Ability to lead by example and demonstrate company purpose and values
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks to closure concurrently
- Holds others accountable
- Ability to drive and lead change
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to sell ideas to peers and senior leaders
- Collaborative working style
Candidate should be able to lift at least 30lbs from ground level and should also be able to move 165lbs of kegged beer from one location to another. Physically capable of standing for long periods of time and able to kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
This Job Description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties.
Artisanal Brewing Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer