Senior Manager, Financial Planning, Intel & Analysis
Full Sail Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Full Sail Brewing & KYLA Hard Kombucha are looking for a motivated, analytical mind to join our team of beer and booch lovers, in beautiful Hood River, OR.
Reporting to the CEO, the Sr. Manager, Financial Planning, Intel & Analysis is primarily responsible for providing strategic modeling, financial insights and support to the organization in order to make sound business decisions as well as the development and execution of the annual budgeting & review process. In short, this role is to provide insight, inform and develop operating transparency to drive effective decisioning. This includes researching and developing recommendations to influence financial and operational business performance. Other duties include internal consulting and support to operations and partners in order to optimize the use of resources that enables the company to best fulfill its accountabilities and achieve strategic goals. This position is ideal for someone who is comfortable working in dynamic, sometimes unstructured start-up environment who is willing to roll up his/her sleeves and support all aspects of the business as unique projects and the development of scalable process will be an ongoing aspect of the role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare relevant quarterly and monthly financial reports and analysis for the business.
- Drive and/or support the annual budgeting, forecast revisions and related review & reporting processes.
- Develop, analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, operating expenses, and capital expenditures.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of variance. Develop useful dashboards that enable key process and functional owners to elevate their collective performance through becoming data driven.
- Develop and analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations for decision making purposes.
- Work with stakeholders and senior management team to inform and help drive improved business performance.
- Develop strategic models that facilitate improved performance in areas such as pricing, product costing, opex, capex, competition and other go-to-market initiatives.
- Perform monthly variance analyses and provide an explanation of material variances and evaluate impacts to future months’ forecast to enable stakeholder accountability.
- Effectively collaborate with various individuals across the organization to coordinate and manage key assumptions, timing, and deliverables related to budgeting, modeling and other operational or go-to-market initiatives.
- Make recommendations to senior management based on sound financial modeling.
- Interact with and ensure integration of financial reporting, ERP, modeling and improvements to systemic policy, procedure and systems to build in lasting insights. Develop and maintain system & BI reports to support information and functional needs of the business (e.g., spend cube data for procurement).
- Work with stakeholders to develop and drive an analytics capability throughout out the business, region and company.
- Employ analytical, conceptual and creative thinking skills to improve overall business and reporting performance.
- Develop presentation materials to support all of the above and related SOPs that benefit others in doing the same.
- Drive and/or support the planning and execution of monthly and quarterly review cadence across P&Ls and company.
- Present in key forums to support the above.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- MBA, CPA, CA, CMA or other accounting designations preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive financial experience in strategic financial planning, modeling and budgeting. Strong preference for experience in a manufacturing, CPG environment w/ a history in supporting product management, capital and operating expense management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically with an ability to explain complex financial information to a non-financial audience. While improving financial literacy and building financial knowledge and capacity within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships both within and outside of the organization with a strong focus on customer service.
- Strong analytical skills with an excellent understanding of how data can help inform operational decisions.
- Able to work collaboratively as a team to achieve objectives but takes accountability over areas of responsibility.
- Motivated to continuously improve with an ability to adopt change management initiatives.
- Highly proficient computer skills (e.g., MS Office), advanced in Microsoft Excel and open to embracing new technology.
- Experience with an ERP system is required, SAP preferred. Strong preference for experience in developing BI capabilities and software platforms.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize effectively, and execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- An effective and persuasive communicator with outstanding presence and presentation skills that constantly strives for simplicity and clarity.
- An ability to know when good enough is, to avoid analysis paralysis and constantly make forward traction.
- Big picture thinker, strategic, but able to distill functions and business interactions into tactical and detailed financial process and workflows in order to drive improvements and efficiency gains.
- Strong leadership, team member, and staff/team development and motivation skills. Preference for several years’ experience in managing people.