Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We’re committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Brewing Supervisor leads one of Sierra Nevada's brewing team(s) which could include Brewing, Cellar, Filtration, or Special Products. This is a rotational position within the brewing supervisory team and requires a focus on cross-functional training. There will be an emphasis on producing a high-quality product or service in all areas. Responsibilities will vary between department supervision and department/brewery level projects using our company values as a guide.
What You Will Do:
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, applicable state laws and OSHA regulations
- Responsible for the entire employee lifecycle from hiring to coaching and mentoring to progressive feedback and employee growth: Participates in the interviewing and hiring process, trains, coaches and mentors’ employees, plans and executes daily work assignments and directly supervises team, communicates and interprets company policies to employees, rewards and recognizes positive performance, efficiently addresses employee concerns, conducts one on one meeting with each team member, providing feedback and suggestions to aid in professional development
- Fosters a culture focused on making safety a priority, addressing potential safety hazards quickly and effectively
- Maintains the highest quality standards possible in every aspect of the business
- Develops a cohesive semi-autonomous team focused on safety, quality, service, cost, environmental sustainability and innovation
- Solicits the input of others to collaboratively make decisions
- Facilitates problem solving activities to determine root cause and close the loop on issues that impact the state of the business
- Develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observe workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Councils and in some cases provide discipline for actions and behaviors counterproductive to team and company initiatives
- Prepare department’s employee schedules
Please Apply if You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, food/fermentation science, chemistry, microbiology required or
- any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved and
- Diploma or certificate in Brewing from an accredited institution required
- 3 years Relevant experience in a production brewery required and
- 1 year Supervisory or management experience required
- Comprehensive understanding of raw materials handling, brewhouse operations, cellar management, and filtration procedures
- Understanding of COP, CIP, sanitation and sterilization techniques
- Understanding of specific beer process terminologies
- Demonstrated ability to work with automated processes interface, as well as manual brewery operations
- Competent with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated mechanical ability & technical aptitude
- Knowledge of production processes and quality control
- Team player with the ability to work autonomously
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
** Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm Pacific Time on February 3rd, 2021**
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer