Yards Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Yards Brewing Company has been proudly brewing in the City of Brotherly Love since 1994. We have grown from a garage-sized operation in the Manayunk section of Philadelphia to our newest location — a 70,000-square-foot brewery and taproom at 500 Spring Garden Street. Philadelphia Pale Ale, Signature IPA, and Brawler, all nationally recognized ales, lead a balanced portfolio of quality, handcrafted beers including nine year-round offerings and several seasonal and limited releases. Founder Tom Kehoe and the Yards Crew share a commitment to supporting the good people and organizations making their backyard a better place to live and work. Here at Yards, it has always been about working hard, having fun, and giving back. The Brew Unto Others motto reflects our commitment to quality, community, and humility.
Yards Brewing Company is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our Production Team. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of brewery, packaging, and facility equipment. In this role, the technician will work with a variety of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems and controls. Special consideration to electrical systems knowledge and troubleshooting skills is preferred for this position. Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills are critical in this role.
- Install and maintain brewery and packaging equipment.
- Perform basic maintenance duties in facilities as needed.
- Troubleshooting, repair, maintenance, and installation of electrical systems in all production areas.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and other tools to complete repairs.
- Assist in commissioning and de-commissioning machinery.
- Develop and execute preventative maintenance programs.
- Diagnose and repair of all machinery and process system malfunctions
- Work with Maintenance Staff, Brewery Staff, or independently on equipment and projects.
- Address poor and/or unsafe performance.
- Organize and maintain spare parts, hardware, and other consumable inventories.
Experience and Education
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) and applicable technical knowledge required.
- Mechanical or Trade school degree preferred.
- 4-year college degree is a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with packaging / brewing equipment preferred.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving, and process of elimination skills.
- Analytical and thorough research skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced understanding of electricity and troubleshooting of AC / DC electric circuits.
- Moderate mechanical understanding.
- An understanding of electronics, instrumentation, and programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) in industrial applications preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, drawings, prints and schematics, and operating manuals.
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and precision.
- A consistently positive attitude.
- Flexible in scheduling, including nights and occasional weekends.
- Ability to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear PPE when required.
- Able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, color vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Yards Brewing Company offers a competitive 401(k) plan, PTO, along with medical and dental benefits.
Interested candidates please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org