Night Shift Distributing Supplier Brand Manager
Night Shift Distributing
Apply for Job
Night Shift Brewing was founded in 2012 by a trio of friends with a shared passion for homebrewing. With curious minds and a relentless focus on shifting the beer industry, we exist to “create better” for our customers and community.
As we continue to grow our Night Shift family, we are looking for friendly, driven individuals to help us share our passion.
We are looking for a Supplier Brand Manager that can continue to drive the Night Shift Distributing business forward! Our Distribution business focuses on bringing the best independent craft beverage partners to the MA & CT market. If you are looking for a role that is strategically challenging, utilizes your affinity for numbers and driving sales, and aligns your passion for craft beverages with your marketing skills, then Night Shift Distributing Brand Manager may be your next title.
The Brand Manager oversees the relationship, development, and execution of all plans for our over 30 alcohol and non-alcohol suppliers with a focus on increasing sales and profitability.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop positive business relationships with suppliers
- Build a successful strategy for assigned categories to achieve goals for the category and the organization.
- Analyze data and insights to determine industry and customer trends and use this knowledge to make fact-based decisions. Create and run reports as needed.
- Communicate information to management with recommendations that will contribute to the development of brands, sales growth, and distributor effectiveness.
- Track identified metrics (sales, distribution, display, POS, etc.), providing timely performance reports.
- Continue to monitor the portfolio for gaps in style, SKU or brands.
- Perform category reviews and implement changes according to the annual schedule. This includes SKU rationalization, pricing and promotion studies along with space, sales, movement, profit and space analysis.
- Devise launch plans for new items and exit strategies for underperforming items.
- Develop merchandising plans, oversee the execution of section resets for category reviews and store resets.
- Manage warehouse inventory levels as necessary and build plans to optimize store level inventory.
- Maintain a competitive pricing strategy by market; set pricing, run promotions.
- Work in partnership with marketing leaders for promotional planning.
- Collaborate with Accounting and Pricebook departments to create and maintain agreements and rebates.
- Communicate category plans throughout the organization and to the vendor community.
- Compile a list of essential legal requirements for alcohol products in all markets.
- Travel is required for resets and to execute programs, assess store conditions, connect with suppliers, communicate with retail leaders and perform market research.
- Manage the Annual Business Planning process for all suppliers and hold both sides accountable for hitting goals.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams and prioritize team workload to meet deadlines and focus under pressure
- Proven ability to build and maintain long term relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to generate and deliver sales presentations
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals and objectives
- Excel in a fast paced, entrepreneurial type of environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Business Trade Math (Margin, Mark Up, Inverse Margin, Blended Margin, Breakeven, Draft Profit, and Pour Costs)
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; preferably a degree in Business, Sales, Marketing or a related discipline
- 5+ years in marketing and sales-related field
- Beverage and/or CPG experience is a requirement
- Experience developing and executing multiple marketing campaigns to drive company revenue and profit
- Experience in owning budget and ROI analysis to prove out marketing value
- Certified Beer Server or Certified Cicerone preferred
Benefits and Perks
As a full-time employee, you will be eligible to participate in various benefit programs and perks. Our benefits include:
- Medical coverage
- Dental coverage
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- 401(k) program with company match by NSB
- Flexible vacation and personal time off
- Generous beer and merchandise perks