Sales and Marketing Rep
San Juan Seltzer
Apply for this Job
San Juan Seltzer is the leading craft spiked seltzer in the northwest and is looking to expand into the San Francisco bay area. This job opportunity pay range is based on experience between 50,000 to 70,000 plus and annual cash sales incentive bonus, full benefits and stock options and car allowance.
San Juan Seltzer is looking for a dynamic, energetic, self-starting sales rep that lives in in the San Francisco bay area and can work from their house. This person needs to have several years of experience working in the beer industry as a sales rep. We are looking for someone that is experienced in working with distributors to build a brand, building relationships with retail grocery buyers and grow a new brand in the market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Achieve specified account goals
- Identify and develop new accounts and maintain outstanding rapport in current accounts
- Communicate with retail accounts regarding brand awareness, pricing, inventory, events, etc.
- Become acquainted with every key decision-maker or decision influencer in your market
- Work with distributors on a weekly basis, plan/attend promos/staff trainings, land new can and draft placements at regional accounts. Visit a minimum of 10+ accounts a day. Strong desire to be in the market during “nontraditional” hours.
- Conduct wait staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions
- Develop disproportionate share of mind by achieving “preferred supplier status” at distributor by being recognized as one of the distributor’s best supplier reps.
- Build rapport with key people at distributors, such as the owner, President/GM, sales manager, supervisors, sales reps, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist
- Log all daily sales calls in smart sheets mobile and recap weekly to area manager
- Understand how the following get done at distributors: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride alongs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, basic policies for handling distributor bill backs, receiving monthly sales reports, draft tech calls
What you need for the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of progressive sales experience and account management in the craft beer or beverage industry
- Knowledge of brewing industry and local Bay Area marketplace
- Passion for craft Seltzers!
- Self-starter, results-driven, ability to work independently
- General knowledge of the brewing process and taste/flavor profiling
- Enthusiastic, people-person
- Effective communicator and relationship-builder
- Excellent time manager
- Love a flexible schedule and jazzed to work nights & weekends, on occasion
- Must live in Bay Area and have the ability to travel by car (80%) frequently throughout the Bay Area market
- Candidates must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Must be minimum of 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable source of transportation and current insurance
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening