National Accounts E-Commerce Manager
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This RoleThe National Accounts E-Commerce Manager functions as the E-commerce lead for the National Accounts team and works cross functionally with Marketing to help build the organizational capabilities and processes for Sales. Reporting to the Director of National Accounts, this role helps identify the best content the most relevant tools that will drive growth of the business and provide value to current and potential retailers. This role will be responsible for leading the company's Sales growth into this channel by expanding key Omni partnerships and building new partnerships with key Pure Play, Third Party Marketplace and B2B platforms. This role works closely with National Accounts, Off and On-premise Sales Division, Marketing and Insights Managers, and Trade Activation.
What You Will Do:
- Strategy, Roadmap and Execution o Develop and implement e-commerce Sales strategy and roadmap, including quick wins and long term initiatives, addressing business priorities, company resources and industry dynamics; audit key retail accounts to inform roadmap and prioritization o Drive integration of e-commerce into key Brand and Region initiatives, including annual planning processes, content development, wholesaler, national accounts, meetings and brand activations o Partner with Region Managers within national accounts, sales and wholesaler teams to drive best-in-class plans for e-commerce initiatives o Establish processes and milestones for measuring impact and identifying opportunities, including KPIs and long-term goals
- E-Retail Content and Tools o Partner with Brand, Digital, Trade and Creative teams to drive best-in-class content, programming and e-commerce tool development, including guidelines to drive a consistent approach across brands o Help Digital Team Identify opportunities for first-to-market / best-in-class content for e-commerce environments. Strive for leadership among supplier content in e-commerce. o Support regions in roll-out and execution of e-retail content, training teams on the value of the “digital shelf”, as well as Content Guidelines and E-Retail Activation Guidelines
- E-Commerce Prioritization, Engagement and Partnership o Partner with Off and On-Premise and Brand Teams to drive agenda for engagement meetings with key regional e-retailers. Assess digital capability, strategic partnership opportunities and retailer priorities o Develop retailer-facing presentations, materials and recommendations; audit websites and emerging platforms to define landscape and cultivate opportunities for programming
- Insights & Measurement: 2021 and Beyond o Partner with Brand, Sales, Strategy and Insights, Business Analysis, and Trade Activation to drive integration and develop e-retail objectives, KPIs, measurement scorecards, reporting and metrics to create a e-commerce benchmarks (scale of opportunity), assess overall e-commerce landscape, impact of activities, and future defined functional goals broadened beyond visibility
- Education + Training o Develop and publish internal training and education materials, including e-commerce basics, tips and tools and content guidelines for workshops with Brand, Off-premise and Divisional Teams, as well as Marketing Leadership meetings; test among distributor audiences o Identify best practices, internally and externally, for continual enhancement of e-commerce for SNBC Subject Matter Expertise o Go-to resource and e-retail/e-commerce subject matter expert within the organization o Attendance and participation in leading e-commerce industry activities and conferences, including, establishing thought leadership for SNBC and applying external learnings
Please Apply if You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree in Marketing or Marketing Research preferred
- 5 years in any combination of the following: National Accounts, Sales, E-Commerce, Marketing required
- Knowledge of e-commerce trends, applications, tools and emerging platforms across the e-commerce and e-retail landscape
- Interpersonal, negotiation, self awareness, communication, selling, listening, judgement skills
- Understanding the concept of balancing both hard and soft skills while working with multiple departments and stakeholders
- Experience working with retailers directly either through an in-house role or with an agency
- Understanding of alcoholic beverage industry and the three-tiered system preferred
- DL - Driver's License free of any major moving violations in the last THREE years upon hire required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before ApplyingYou must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.; Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.; Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer driver's license check.