Key Account Sales Manager
Shadyside Beverages, LLC.
Apply for Job
Preferred candidates will be based in the Pacific Northwest.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Key Account Sales Manager is responsible for directing, managing, and achieving sales objectives while operating within approved budgets. The position manages customers and distributors’ performance and relationships in assigned geographies. The position executes sales strategy, objectives and forecasts sales volume for each assigned distributor geography of business.
This position reports to the VP of CPG/Foodservice Sales & Marketing and does not supervise staff. The position works closely with Marketing, Customer Service, and Distributor Partners.
(The essential functions listed below are not intended to reflect all duties that may be assigned to this position. It is the responsibility of every employee at Shadyside Beverages LLC to report food & beverage safety and food & beverage quality problems or risks to personnel with the authority to initiate action against these said possible risks. Shadyside Beverages LLC has identified personnel that will serve as backups for key personnel in the event that said employee is absent or unavailable. Shadyside Beverages LLC may augment duties, including essential functions, at its discretion.)
- Manages the sales execution and strategy implementation of a specific geography through sales distributors and customers to achieve the sales objectives. Supervise and monitor (case sales, budget, inventory & forecast) the key account customers and sales distributors’ results compared to the plan, make mid-course adjustments, and develop and implement responses to changing market conditions.
- Develops strategic partnerships with key account buyers – independent retailers and venues with a strategic emphasis on chain retailers while also prospecting new key account business.
- Develops presentations, makes sales calls, and develop and gain new and current product distribution.
- Performs work appropriate number of hours to get the essential functions completed.
- Represents and attends industry appropriate trade shows and/or marketing events representing Shadyside Beverages LLC.
- Collaborates with distributor partners to execute chain business, broad market accounts and additional Shadyside Beverages opportunities.
- Leads the communication flow of new items, authorization lists, pricing lists and programming with our distribution partners.
- Perform under the Working Conditions described below.
- Beverage Direct Store Distribution (DSD) & Consumer packaged goods industry.
- You are knowledgeable in sales and marketing concepts used in the beverage industry.
- Principles and practices of strategic planning and execution while structuring sales quota goals and revenue expectations.
- Contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
- Effectively manage sales and distributors.
- Interpret and analyze sales data to influence retailers and customers.
- Leverage and interpret Sales Tools (VIP, Nielsen. SPINS, IRI) to establish category leadership.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and work well with all levels of the organization as well as with retailers and consumers.
- Think strategically in order to drive organization-wide sales results.
- Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
- Identify, research, and analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, and project consequences of proposed actions.
- Gather, evaluate, and interpret information, particularly as they relate to information on funding sources, market issues, and trends.
- Effectively organize, plan, and execute.
- Use computers and computer software including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION/LICENSES, AND TRAINING:
- Minimum 5 years of sales management experience, including leading sales teams/distributors
- High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must have a valid driver's license
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this job with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the department/division to accommodate the limitation.
Shadyside Beverages, LLC is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.