Territory Account Manager
SouthNorte Beer Company
Apply for this Job
SouthNorte Beer Co.
Job Posting: Territory Account Manager
Location: San Diego and Los Angeles (2 separate positions)
Reports to: VP of Sales & Marketing
SouthNorte Beer Co. has an immediate opening for a self-motivated individual who is ambitious and ready to make a difference. Qualified candidates must be outgoing, goal-oriented and have a passion for the craft brewing industry.
We are looking for someone who can help us accelerate growth in the Southern California market. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and has beer/beverage sales experience. We have aggressive growth plans for California and are looking for someone who can drive sales and help us build the SouthNorte brand within a designated territory.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Territory Account Management:
- Achieve specified annual account sales and distribution goals
- Develop new accounts and maintain current accounts within the territory
- Communication with retail accounts regarding brand awareness, including pricing, inventory, POS, events, etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with every key decision maker or decision influencer in the specified account universe within a designated territory
- Distributor work with on a weekly or monthly basis, promos/staff trainings, new package placements, new draft placements, and merchandize accounts. Visit a minimum # of accounts daily
- Conduct wait staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and evening promotions as needed
- Distributor/Market Knowledge:
- Understanding of the 3-Tier Beverage industry
- Develop relationships and knowledge of key personnel at distributor(s) by sales manager, supervisors, all sales reps, merchandising manager, events coordinator, operations manager, draft manager and receptionist etc.
- Develop understanding on how to service accounts via Distributors: point of sale orders, pulling and invoicing of samples, scheduling ride withs, scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty point of sale and large displays, understanding of monthly sales reports, scheduling time at weekly/monthly sales meetings and how sales reps and supervisors are compensated
- Partnering with distributors to ensure orders are placed for specific account base, and business is accelerating at accounts
- Required Skills/Experience (but not limited to):
- Desire to build a sales career in the beer and beverage industry
- Decide to build brands for long-term growth
- 1-2 years of beverage related sales experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong knowledge and experience in the local marketplace.
- Highly motivated with an assertive, confident personality
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone
- Strong knowledge of the company, its history and its product offerings
- Great judgment and professional maturity
- General knowledge of the brewing process
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to master the selling skills process
- Knowledge of distributor operations, knowing how to work with distributors and understanding how to work with different trade channels
- Must be able to travel everyday (M-F) within territory
- Computer competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail
- Administrative--ability to complete company’s minimal administration requirements on time regularly such as expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, daily e-mail responses, weekly call reporting, etc.
- Must have a squeaky clean driving record. Motor vehicle records checks will be performed on candidates
- Ability to lift and move cases of beer frequently
- Ability to climb, kneel, and stoop to arrange and display point of sale frequently
Compensation: SouthNorte offers a competitive salary, bonus compensation, and benefits including an auto allowance.
If interested and qualified, please attach a resume and cover letter and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org