Apply for this Job
JOIN OUR CREW!
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “STOKED ON PACKAGING” !
JOB TITLE: Packaging Technician
REPORTS TO: Head Brewer
FLSA STATUS: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Santa Rosa, CA
Summary Description: The primary role of the Packaging Tech is to ensure the highest standards of quality, sanitation and food safety are met as beer is packaged into kegs, cans and bottles. The end consumer is never far from the packaging technician’s mind. Advocating for the consumer drives and informs their day to day actions and decisions.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES: include, but not limited to the following:
- Packaging Operations
- Cleaning kegs
- Filling kegs
- Working on the canning line
- Temperature and pressure management of tanks
- General facility sanitation and maintenance
- Inventory of packaging ingredients and supplies
- Quality Assurance
- Maintenance and use of chemical titration kits and pH strips
- Follow the policies outlined in the Quality Manual, GMP policy, MSS, and Hazard Communication Plan
- Quality Control
- Perform gravity and pH readings on fermenting and finished beer
- Carbonation and O2 readings on BBTs/FVs
- Sensory evaluation of ingredients (Hops, malt, yeast, water)
- Sensory evaluation of fermenting and finished product
- Brewery Cleanliness
- Brewery Equipment Maintenance
- Warehouse Assistance
- Shipping and receiving operations
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain and promote a positive work environment with a focus on customer service based problem solving
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with co workers
- With Head Brewer, work to continuously improve quality at HenHouse Brewing Company
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, dependability and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Honesty and integrity – display the highest standards of and ethical conduct personally and professionally
- Proven effective time management, productivity and prioritization skills
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented
- Committed to excellence, goal oriented and driven/accountable to meet objectives/goals – wants to make a difference and contribute positively to company success
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and is ready to work with a “can do” attitude and willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit
- Accountability – accepts responsibility for behavior; and starting, controlling and completing tasks
Education and/or Experience
- Two years of experience in a beverage manufacturing environment is required
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bilingual, verbal and written, (Spanish), preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Regularly: Stand; Walk; Sit; Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; Talk or hear; Taste or smell; Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more);
Occasionally: Climb or balance;
Vision: Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more); Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors); Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus);
Regularly: Wet or humid conditions (non-weather); Work near moving mechanical parts;
Frequently: Fumes or airborne particles; Toxic or caustic chemicals;
Occasionally: Work in high, precarious places; Extreme heat (non-weather);
Noise level: Loud
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time. All employees are to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers, management and stakeholders.
JOIN OUR CREW!
Send your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “STOKED ON PACKAGING” !?