Russian River Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Russian River Brewing Company is hiring a full time Lead Brewer to join our team in Windsor, CA!
Along with our Brewmaster, Production Manager and Head Brewer, this person will be guiding our dedicated brewing team in all aspects of Russian River Brewing Company’s brewing processes. Please read our description below and if it sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
The Lead Brewer is responsible for primarily brewing RRBC beer at our Windsor location. This position will have a strong commitment to quality while being a passionate steward for craft beer and RRBC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Cleaning and sanitation
- Perform all brewhouse and cellar work at our 75bbl production facility.
- Wort production
- CIP tanks and equipment
- Operate centrifuge and filter
- Perform beer transfers
- Dry hop tanks
- Carbonate beer
- Clean kegs
- All cellar work to be completed with an eye towards low DO
- Help out on the two bottling lines
- Operate the keg racker which includes the ability to tip a 1/2 bbl keg onto a pallet
- Work with and report any mechanical issues to the maintenance manager and/or supervisor
- Work with lab staff with any QC/QA protocols
- Operate a fork lift safely
- Perform other jobs in the brewery as needed
- Assist other employees as necessary
This position will assist the Production Manager and Head Brewer with supervising the brewing team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working as a Brewer in a production brewery
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service
- Business math and its application to brewing techniques
- ProLeit or comparable brewhouse program knowledge required
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures in a brewery environment
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods
- Effectively managing one’s own time
- Excellent communication skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Listen and understand information and ideas as presented
- Communicate information and ideas through speaking and writing so others will understand
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting standards and monitoring performance
- Use common sense in all daily activities
- Ability to work as a team member and independently
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Brewing, Chemistry or related science is required
- Minimum of one year supervising experience that includes hiring, mentoring, and counseling direct reports
- Forklift certification (RRBC can provide)
- Commitment to excellence, quality, and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to stand and/or sit for long periods of time and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, twist, bend and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 60 pounds and manipulate and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above the shoulder is sometimes required. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Requires manual dexterity and ability to quickly move hand(s), hand with arm, grasp, manipulate or assemble. The employee operates a motor vehicle/forklift.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. PPE is provided by RRBC.
RRBC offers a fun and rewarding work environment with some serious perks such as group medical/dental/vision/life/accident insurance, paid time off, (including 7 holidays), 401k with matching, pet insurance discounts, and not to forget discounts on beer/merchandise/food at both of our pubs!
Please apply with your cover letter and resume: Apply here
Russian River Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and we participate in e-verify.