R & D Analyst 3
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
As an established and largely independent team member of the Research and Development department, the Research and Development Analyst 3 conducts and supports projects aimed to help answer important business, production, and development questions. Reporting to the R&D and Raw Materials Manager, the Research and Development Analyst 3 collaborates and interacts with departments throughout the organization to develop, document, execute and report on experimental design, analytical laboratory results, production data, and ultimately shaping recommendations to relevant groups. This role requires a high level of brewing science, analytical chemistry, biology, engineering, and statistical knowledge to troubleshoot quality, production, innovation problems and concerns.
What You Will Do:
- Participates in team experimental design brainstorming sessions
- Initiates documentation of research projects using established department methods
- Coordinates project needs from collaborating departments
- Analyzes data and appropriately organizes database
- Analytical instrument maintenance, troubleshooting and improvement
- Report writing
- Builds and provides frequent presentations to relevant brewery groups
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe working environment
- Builds an industry network to support brewery needs
- Conducts high level literature reviews relevant to brewery needs
Please Apply if You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree in scientific discipline (Food Science and Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Fermentation Science, Brewing Science, Microbiology, Biology) required
- Master's Degree in scientific discipline (Food Science and Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Fermentation Science, Brewing Science, Microbiology, Biology) preferred
- 5 years experience in an Research & Development setting required
- Ability to regularly conduct high level, independent work
- Ability to speak out and share opinions, data and compiling arguments and recommendations for direction setting
- Strong collaboration skills as demonstrated in previous project work
- Exhibits original thinking and problem-solving skills. Able to internalize key technical topics and apply to real world problems and projects
- Ability to consistently communicate effectively throughout the company
- Actively participates in industry involvement tasks and contributes to trade groups
- Strong understanding of how the industry is influenced and what innovations translate to the business
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.; Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer