Quality Manager - Faubourg Brewery - New Orleans
Apply for this Job
New Orleans, LA
Job Title Quality Manager Location New Orleans, LA Posting July 2019 Salary Full-time plus benefits Reports to Director of Brewing Operations Direct Reports QC Technician (planned for 2H-2020 hire)
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of a comprehensive quality program encompassing in process and finished beer, raw materials, and beer-in-trade. In addition, and in concert with the other department heads, he or she will champion a culture of “Safety and Quality First” in all aspects of day-to-day operations. The Quality Manager will be hands on completing daily testing and analysis as well as building and leading a team.
- Work with Director of Brewing Operations and brewhouse teams to develop and implement a comprehensive analytical, sensory, and microbiological product testing schedule
- Install and commission analytical equipment as acquired in lab and production environments.
- Create standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for testing methods; Run routine analytical analyses on beer samples including: pH, gravity measurements, alcohol, sodium, and other analytical tests.
- Insure rigorous adherence to all quality standards and specifications
- Build and lead a skilled quality team to compliment and support the growth of the brewery
- Using Statistical Process Control tools analyze data to identify potential “out of control” processes and recommend corrective action
- Work with vendors to ensure that are raw material quality expectations are being met
- Maintain all analytical equipment in a reliable operational state
- In conjunction with other department heads, ensure a safe work environment for all employees; this includes OSHA compliance, conducting safety audits, maintaining up-to-date MSDS sheets, etc.
- Participate in daily sensory evaluations and ensure constant open dialogue with the Brewmaster, VP of operations and department heads
- Recommend annual budget and ensure conformance to target
- Track and report Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Quality Metrics
- Perform various studies and perform statistical analyses to improve quality throughout the brewery.
- Other routine laboratory testing, as needed and summarized below.
- Passionate about craft beer
- Minimum of two years in a brewing QA/QC leadership role
- Proficient in ASBC and EBC analytical methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in a science-intensive discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc.)
- Strong technical understanding of the brewing process and able to troubleshoot process issues
- Takes pride in their job and exudes a positive “can do” attitude; Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Goal oriented and able to enroll others in attaining those goals
- Very organized with great attention to detail
- Level-headed, even-tempered, team player who is comfortable with controlled chaos
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (experience with ERP software a plus)
- Strong technical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be flexible to work day or afternoon shifts, available weekends
- Understanding of the brewing and packaging process, HACCP and Good Manufacturing practices for food manufacturing a plus.
Email cover letter and resume to Stephen.email@example.com