Alabama Market Manager
Apply for this Job
Alabama MARKET MANAGER
Chihuahua Brewing Company was formed in 2017 to brew quality beer in a fun, inviting and relaxed atmosphere. With over 20 years’ experience in the brewing industry, we are focused on brewing great beers, that are inspired from Mexican Style Lagers and the lifestyle that surrounds them. We are developing a team of inspirational, self-starting individuals who have a desire to be part of something special. Most of all, we can’t wait to share great beer with good people and bring back the motto “Making Friends is our Business”.
We are currently seeking a Brewery Market Manager to join our team, who will work in an assigned territory to oversee all aspects of Chihuahua Brewing Co. business through the development and management of distributor relationships. This includes, but not is not limited to, distributor performance, effective planning, the organizing and execution of Sales and Marketing plans and more, all for increasing sales and brand presence in the marketplace.
This position will serve as a brand ambassador and educator for Chihuahua Brewing Co. In addition, they will call on key retail accounts to augment distributor efforts, develop guerrilla marketing promotions, conduct distributor sales rep ride-alongs to enhance consumer/retailer sampling programs (where legal), and direct and provide feedback to Field Sales Representatives as they pertain to their work and performance objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Establish relationships with key wholesaler personnel to ensure “Share of Mind” for Chihuahua Brewing Co.
- Execute and track identified metrics/KPI’s (Sales, Distribution, Displays, POS, Pricing and Competitive Activity), and provide timely feedback to both distributors and management.
- Assist in the development of annual business plans for assigned distributors and communicate expectations on a daily bias.
- Represent the company and expand sales for Chihuahua Brewing Co. in both on & off premise accounts in designated sales territory.
- Builds relationships with owners/buyers at all on premise and off-premise accounts.
- Supply complete and accurate account information and sales data in any utilized CRM.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication between accounts and distributors to ensure product is being ordered and delivered appropriately, and that a healthy relationship is maintained between all accounts and distributors. This includes:
- Communicate directly with distributor sales reps and managers responsible for the sales territory.
- Schedule “Team Sells” and “Ride-Withs” as assigned by management.
- Strategically target key accounts with distributors to increase product placement, movement, and promotional opportunities.
- Reporting back to management on sales and marketing efforts and all production requirements.
- Schedule and attend promotional events, such as samplings, pint nights, beer pairing dinners, regional beer fests, etc. Minimum expectation of 4-6 on premise events and 12 product samplings per month.
- Manage inventory of assigned distributors’ warehouse, and working with brand manager to bring in product and branded POS orders as needed.
- Assist Director of Sales with the overall marketing, advertising and branding vision within assigned territory.
- Assist Director of Sales with input/development of a systematic approach plan that ensures alignment, clarification and accountability related to day to day performance expectations for this position.
- Have passion for beer with above average subject knowledge base.
- Ability to inspire others to motivate themselves to sell more beer.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in sales / business management a plus.
- 4+ years of beverage sales experience.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Live in the territory of assigned distributors.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Be organized, self-disciplined, detail oriented & sociable.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to analysis and present data and proficient in business math.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Possess and exhibit high levels of energy & self-motivation while having fun.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to move 165-pound keg, using appropriate lifting techniques and tools.
- Standard outside sales (field) environment, with road hazards
- Travels within territory daily
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Chihuahua Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans)