NOLA Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Maintain and execute all functions of brewing according to policy and procedure, safety requirements, and best practice. Tasks include but are not limited to all aspects of raw materials handling, milling of grain, wort production, yeast pitching, and CIP procedures.
- Support the application of best practices and quality control measures in the brewing process
- Develop and uphold recipes to maintain consistency and quality
- Help the brewmaster with the recipe development process
- Support and work alongside the cellar staff to ensure beer maintains highest quality throughout fermentation.
- Identify areas for improvement when it comes to efficiency, communication, processes, quality, etc. and implement positive change
- 2nd Shift Brewer – 12pm-8pm shift, but hours and shifts can change with growth.
- 2+ years of relevant commercial brewery experience
- High-level knowledge of brewing processes, science, and quality control measures
- Track record of producing high-quality, commercial recipes at scale and managing brewery processes
- High-level knowledge of ingredients including cost estimating, sourcing, performance, and application
- Experience leading a successful recipe development and optimization process
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to use Excel, Microsoft Outlook, openness to learning other software technologies like Slack & EKOS Brewing software
- Team player, self-starter and can-do attitude
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to become certified to operate a forklift
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work in both hot and cold environments
- Capable of standing on your feet for long periods, 8-10 hours per day
NOLA Brewing to provide:
- Base Salary commensurate with experience
- Health, vision, and dental insurance benefits
- 2 weeks paid vacation annually
- Beer benefits!