Southern Barrel Brewery Sales Rep.
Southern Barrel Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Southern Barrel Brewing Co. Brewery Sales Rep.
Southern Barrel Inc. seeking a highly motivated craft beer enthusiast to join our team as a sales representative for Southern Barrel Brewing Co. A successful candidate in this role will have the opportunity to significantly expand his or her responsibilities as the company grows. Southern Barrel is a very strong craft brewery that is rapidly growing over the last 5 years in business. Southern Barrel is located in Bluffton SC.
Responsibilities include establishing relationships with on-premise and off-premise retail accounts, soliciting orders from retail accounts, scheduling and execution promotional events, attending beer industry events and festivals to represent Southern Barrel and/or our brands, ensuring proper stock rotation at our retail accounts, and handling customer service inquiries from retail accounts.
Currently hiring for the Charleston SC and Greenville SC markets
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Supports Southern Barrel Brewing Company Core Values, Purpose, and Philosophies
· Maintains constant communication with the Market Manager, Distributor sales force, and key retailors
· Develops, manages, and owns the results on a quarterly target account list built from goals and objectives. The list will include a subset of priority accounts visited monthly and a larger set of both buying and non-buy accounts to be visited quarterly. Account List size and geography will vary by territory and be set in collaboration with the Market Manager.
· Must be able to analyze and develop sales opportunity from VIP software or other company provided sales software.
· Develops and maintains positive relationships with wholesalers and key accounts.
· Conducts ongoing brand training with retailors, distributor partners, and consumers.
· Assists at all special events and festivals in the territory.
· Performs administrative tasks as they are assigned (expense reports, monthly work calendar, establish distribution targets, evaluate discount programs, conduct price surveys, quarterly product quality surveys, and target account benchmarking).
· Maintains professional image and demeanor at all times.
· Able to maintain and report an expense budget within the given parameters
· Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Live in the market for which Sales Representative is responsible for.
· Self-starter/ Self-motivated
· Reliable car and a valid driver’s license
· Ability to work flexible schedule; ability to work nights and week-ends.
· Excellent organizational, planning, and sales skills
· Two years’ minimum experience working in the three tier distribution system either with a beer wholesaler or beer supplier.
· Strong knowledge craft beer, the industry, and its retail consumers.
· Proficient in Microsoft office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
· Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills
· Dynamic public speaking and presentation skills
· Makes responsible contributions to social media for the promotion of our brand.
· Travel is required
This job operates in a professional work environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Work will be done in a home office or in a vehicle
Consistent visits to bars, restaurants, and retail accounts will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear