Marketing Program & Events Manager
Troegs Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Position: Marketing Program & Events Manager
Status: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Rate: Salary, based on Experience
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after satisfactory completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Retirement Plan – Eligible after 1 year of service
About Tröegs Independent Brewing:
Founded in Pennsylvania in 1996 by brothers John and Chris Trogner, Tröegs Independent Brewing is driven by a sense of adventure and curiosity. From the beginning, our brewery has been built by family, friends and kindred spirits who share a love of great beer.
Tröegs sells beer throughout the East Coast, and we welcome visitors to our Hershey brewery, tasting room, tours and general store 7 days a week. We’re widely known for award-winning craft beers like Perpetual IPA, Troegenator, Nugget Nectar and Mad Elf, as well as our experimental Scratch Series, wood-aged Splinter Series and Hop Cycle Seasonals.
Tröegs supports independent voices – our co-workers, brewers, artists, farmers, makers and small businesses. We are nimble and each department is continuously incubating new ideas to more effectively and efficiently communicate and connect with our customers. We look for co-workers who share in our love of great beer and are eager to contribute towards our uncompromising vision.
About the Role:
The Marketing Manager collaborates with Tröegs Marketing, Sales and Retail teams to develop & implement on-brand, growth-oriented marketing programs in support of Tröegs broader vision & goals as defined by our Annual Business Plan. This role reports to the VP of marketing and works alongside our award-winning marketing team.
Areas of focus include but are not limited to: Point-of-Sale Materials and Retail Display Concepts, Marketing Program Presentations and Project Management, Retailer and Wholesaler Direct Marketing, Partnerships/Sponsorships, Supporting Digital and E-commerce Assets, Ambassadors and Events, Program Analytics and Reporting.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented operator and strategic marketer. Project management and communication skills are paramount. He/She will have impeccable on-brand design and messaging sense with a constant eye towards highly engaging consumer opportunities. Must be adept at building relationships, presenting to and collaborating with a wide variety of audiences including our field sales team, marketing, retail and wholesale teams.
Experience within the beverage industry, CPG and 3-tier systems is desirable. The ability to think globally while creating and executing integrated marketing campaigns across a variety of channels is critical to success.
- Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range opportunities to drive brand loyalty and new customers.
- Project management of quarterly marketing programs; maintains in-house tracking and project management tools for large-scale and adhoc project execution.
- Defines objectives, writes creative briefs and collaborates with marketing team to develop deliverables.
- Manages and provides professional development for two team members.
- Works directly with sales team and national accounts management and coordinates timelines to make sure all deliverables are in market for program launches, promotions and events.
- Presents marketing programming at monthly Sales & Marketing meeting and quarterly wholesaler meetings.
- Creates unique and scalable event and sponsorship concepts in line with annual marketing plan.
- Manages wholesaler/retailer email, direct mail and digital portal assets.
- Creates quarterly wholesaler recap reports on co-op programs and marketing activity including paid digital, direct mail, billboards and events.
- Sources POS and promotional materials, negotiates with vendors and ensures they are properly billed and tracked.
- Partners with retail operations on tools to support brewery traffic and revenue drivers.
- Ensures marketing events/retailer samplings are on-brand, meeting awareness goals, and on-budget.
- Researches new initiatives, channels, events and partnership opportunities.
- Supports VP of Marketing on annual planning, partnership and business growth strategies.
- 5+ years of related marketing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of the three-tier system for alcoholic beverages and key partners (retailers, distributors)
- Prior experience leading and developing a team.
- Experience working with a sales network.
- Organization and extreme attention-to-detail are mandatory for success in this role.
- Outstanding written and oral communication.
- Builds relationships and collaborates well with internal and external teams and partners.
- Experience using and evaluating relevant project management software such as Asana, Basecamp, Trello.
- Experience implementing unique integrated marketing campaigns across digital and traditional marketing channels for craft beer, consumer packaged goods or other relevant business.
- Experience in managing and leveraging brand and company sponsorships both in physical and virtual world as well as events and experiential activations.
- Ability to evaluate market and business needs and effectively deduces actionable opportunities.
- Ability to write and interpret creative briefs, statements of work and requests for proposal.
- Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Expertise in excel and analytic tools such as Google Analytics.
- A love of craft beer and an understanding of brewing and beer styles is strongly preferred as well as the desire to learn more.
- Highly self-motivated, thinks on feet and is both curious and disciplined.