Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that’s in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Maintenance Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance activities throughout the brewery. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role will improve the utilization of the maintenance staff and the packaging operator mechanics by thoroughly planning maintenance activities to be executed during scheduled downtime events. This role will improve overall utilization of resources, machine efficiencies, and Preventative Maintenance (PM) completion rate while complying with the maintenance budget.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborates with the Inventory Control Specialist on initial inventory, part descriptions, developing Bill of Materials (BOM’s) by equipment, setting min/max levels, reducing cost of inventory, assigning repairable vs. non-repairable status, etc.
- Works with CMMS administrator to assign equipment numbers, enter equipment information, assign PM’s, manage work backlogs, etc.
- Assists in the execution of maintenance work orders as necessary
- Monitoring work orders, prioritizing back log, scoping work orders, buying and staging required material, assigning daily running and weekly downtime PM’s
- Adjusts PM procedures, frequencies and time required to perform the work in computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Monitors maintenance metrics related to planning and scheduling effectiveness
- Assists with troubleshooting and corrective action implementation during breakdowns
- Facilitates problem solving activities initiates and follows through on failure investigations / root cause analysis
- Assists in the technical skills training of operator mechanics
- Creates and maintains maintenance budgets as needed; assists in maintenance variance reporting
Please Apply if You Have:
- Associate's Degree preferred or
- Technical Trade School Degree preferred or
- Comparable Military Technical Training preferred
- 3 years Mechanical or electrical maintenance and manufacturing experience required and
- Experience in a high speed food manufacturing preferred and
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred
- Ability to provide effective contractor oversight
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical training
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage budgets
- Exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross functionally and collaborate with individuals at varying levels throughout the organization
- Demonstrated initiative and accountability
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.; Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
***This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly***
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer