Mikkeller Brewing Key Account Manager; Southwest
Mikkeller Brewing San Diego
Apply for this Job
Mikkeller is an internationally recognized, award-winning brewery that continues to push boundaries and innovation with deep roots in the United States. Founded in 2006 by legendary brewmaster Mikkel BorgBjergsø, we continue to build a culture unlike any other brewery – and seek someone who can help us continue to connect our beers with new people. In 2016, with the addition of the brewery in San Diego, CA, Mikkeller has expanded in a big way into the US market. We look to continue to share the global brand with as many people as possible while growing the San Diego brewery in the United States.
Mikkeller Brewing is seeking an ambitious Key Account Manager (KAM) for the Southwest. This individual should have substantial experience and strong relationships with new and established chain accounts. The ideal candidate for KAM position will be able to build distribution, improve volume, increase frequency of off-shelf displays, attain annual sales goals, develop and manage programming, and serve as the primary account contact. The KAM position will report to the National Sales Manager.
Must reside in San Diego, Orange or Los Angeles counties.
- Proficiently attain annual sales, profitability, and budget goals
- Develop forecasting, budgeting, and tracking account volumes, revenues, and programs
- Manage and cultivate programs by account to achieve maximum effectiveness within budgetary guidelines
- Develop opportunity strategies and tactics with retailers to expand business through new product launches, increases in account sku approvals, improved merchandising and off-shelf displays
- Communicate and work closely with local Mikkeller sales team on new authorizations and placements in key retailers.
- Understand, utilize, monitor and communicate syndicated data results regarding customer performance, market trends, and competitive activity
- Work with the distributor and partners to ensure seamless retail execution of all programs
- Develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships in all channels including but not limited to Liquor, Grocery, C-Stores, Club Stores, and Retail Big Box stores.
- BS or BA degree or relevant job-related experience
- Proven record of success in Key Account Manager role in the Southwest
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience in CPG; preferably in the beverage industry
- Positive, high-energy self-starter that will drive for positive results in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player
- Possess strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to interface and demonstrate leadership both internally and externally, and a commitment to building strong business relationships with customers
- Willingness to travel