Cellar Operator - Daleville, VA Brewery
Apply for Job
If you have taken a moment to unwind with a bottle of beer, toast with glass of wine, or celebrate with a cocktail, chances are that you have shared that moment with Constellation Brands. We are passionate producers of iconic beer, wine and spirits brands that consumers love. From Corona Extra, to Robert Mondavi Wines, to SVEDKA Vodka, we produce over 100 premium brands with sales in nearly 100 countries, making us the number one multi-category beverage alcohol company in the U.S.!
Are you a hands-on, reliable, and flexible person? Do you thrive working with detail-driven processes? Are you willing to jump in with both feet to assist in the production of high quality, innovative products in a state-of-the-art brewery setting? If so, we may have an exciting opportunity that aligns with your aptitude and ambition!
We are seeking qualified Cellar Operators to join our growing team at the Constellation Brands Daleville Brewery in scenic Botetourt County, a short drive up I-81 from the city of Roanoke. Our facility operates with the need for agility and continuous improvement, so schedule flexibility to work all shifts, including overnights and weekends is a must.
These are full-time opportunities, with eligibility to enroll in health benefits (Medical, Dental, and Vision plans) immediately upon hire. 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holiday Schedule, 401K with company match, Employee Product Allowance, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Parental Leave, and additional perks are available as well.
The Cellar Operator's duties include monitoring fermentation, conditioning of product, and carbonating beer to correct levels. They also clean and sanitize equipment, miscellaneous parts, outsides of tanks, floors and drains, and other areas within the cellar and brewhouse, as needed. The ideal candidate will possess strong attention to detail and quality, to ensure the integrity and consistency of all products. They will communicate with management and other members of the Cellar and Brewing teams to keep operations organized, on time, and maintain a solid workflow. This position reports to the Daleville Brewing Manager and will play a key role in driving the company’s high-volume needs.
These are hourly openings. Rate of pay is negotiable, depending on experience.
• Daily tracking of all tanks from fermentation to filtration
• Clean-in-Place (CIP) of fermenters, bright tanks, yeast brinks, centrifuges and filters according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Tank dumps and yeast harvesting
• Dry-hopping beers using a variety of equipment depending on fermenter size/style
• Tank recirculation
• Measurement/maintenance of proper carbonation and DO levels
• Monitor and maintain proper bright tank pressures daily
• Maintain cleanliness of cellar areas, tanks and equipment
• Beer fining/spice preparation and injection
• Assist with the running and optimization of two GEA Westfalia HB4 centrifuge/separators, an inline carbonator, two sheet filters, two chemical skids, Hot Liquor Tank and a deaerated water system
• Accurately record data of all cellar operations in Microsoft SharePoint
• Work closely with the Quality Assurance/Lab team to maintain quality and consistency of products
• Collaborate with other departments of Constellation Brands Craft & Specialty/Discovery Brands division, as needed
• One year of work experience at a commercial brewery
• Excellent critical thinking skills and a strong attention to detail
• A passion for brewing and a desire to advance one’s personal growth in the brewing and innovative alcoholic beverage industry
• Strong organizational habits, a self-motivated work ethic, and good critical thinking/problem solving skills
• Some understanding of all aspects of brewing including cellaring, yeast handling, CIP, and sanitization
• Ability to work flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays as needed
• Computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office/spreadsheet programs
• Ability to multi-task
• Two or more years' of work experience at a commercial brewery, or in beverage manufacturing
• Prior brew Cellar experience is strongly preferred
• Mechanical experience and aptitude
• Forklift operation skills, and current forklift certification
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
• Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.
• Willing to work in wet, hot and cold conditions
• Willing to work in consistently loud environments
• Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move over 50 pounds with or without assistance
No travel is required for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable to individuals with disabilities to perform the duties of this position.
Constellation Brands, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer