Director of Sales and Distribution
Russian River Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Russian River Brewing Company is seeking a full time Director of Sales and Distribution to join our team. This position reports directly to ownership.
If you are a craft beer sales professional and passionate about what you do, please review our description below and if it sounds like you… we’d love to hear from you!
The Director of Sales and Distribution manages and directs all sales and distribution activities with local accounts and wholesalers to ensure the Company’s quality standards and preferred business practices are being met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Work with wholesale customers and third-party wholesale partners to ensure that all RRBC products are shipped, stored, sold and consumed with quality, freshness, legality, and fairness all top priorities
- Follows the letter of the law in all aspects of the sales and distribution channel
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with our wholesale partners and accounts with open channels of communication
- Ensure that the Russian River brand and our business ethos and philosophy are upheld to the highest of standards throughout the entire supply chain
- Manage and oversee the entire process of sales and distribution to over 300 self-distributed accounts with the help of local area reps
- Use Orchestrated Beer to create sales orders, bills of lading and run inventory, sales, inventory, and A/R reports
- Oversee all data entry, create sales orders, manage account setup, monitor/change delivery routes and run reports in Encompass (RAS) for our self-distributed accounts
- Analyze past sales and project future sales based on current market trends
- Work closely with production to allocate products weekly to our self-distributed accounts and wholesale partners, provide instant feedback to production/ownership when market conditions change
- Work with accounting and our sales team to ensure that A/R stays current and the company is always compliant with ABC credit laws
- Work closely with the production and warehouse team on weekly and monthly inventories, research discrepancies
- Oversee draft line maintenance with both self-distributed accounts and with our wholesale partners
- Provide regular training for our entire sales team through remote learning, attending seminars, conferences or in person training
- Attend and present at wholesale partners’ annual business plan meetings
- Schedule regular market visits with our sales team and/or wholesale partners
- Host accounts and wholesale partners at the brewery
- Respond to or delegate as needed to customers/accounts/distributors regarding questions, inquiries and complaints related to wholesale distribution
- Coordinate freight for outbound wholesale partner shipments
- Respond to event inquiries, coordinate, schedule and sometimes attend or delegate as appropriate offsite events such as beer festivals, dinners, pint nights, etc.
- Meet regularly with production, warehouse, owners, and offsite sales team
- All other duties as assigned
Manage the full employment cycle, (hire, train, mentor, counsel, review, exit), of Area Managers and Brewery Reps both local and remote
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Alcohol Beverage laws as they pertain to shipping, selling and serving alcohol
- MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Principles and processes for providing excellent customer service (internal and external), including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of business arithmetic and ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Basic competence in subordinates’ duties and tasks
- Business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership and supervisory techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and customer service skills for dealing with the public and staff
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Good organization, prioritization, and time management skills for dealing with diverse duties and staff
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Effectively supervise, motivate, give direction, counsel, and lead others
- Concurrently handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Communicate information and ideas both verbally and in writing so others will understand
- Organize, prioritize, and manage time and maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of positivity, professionalism and integrity at all times
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing is desirable. A combination of practical experience and education will be considered as an alternate
- Minimum 3 years’ related experience in a sales management position, preferably within the alcohol beverage industry
- Must have experience, and a passion for, managing people
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player with passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive outlook.
- Current CA Drivers License in good standing
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following: Much of the work consists of conveying information verbally and greeting and assisting customers. While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to sit, stand, and walk; use fingers, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands; talk and hear; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift or carry up to 55 pounds, and/or move up to 155 pounds. Use of arms above and below the shoulder is sometimes required. The employee may need to operate a motor vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Requires weekend and evening work
- Travel is required
RRBC offers a competitive compensation package which includes medical/dental/vision/life insurance, pet insurance, 401k with matching, paid time off, company cell phone and discounts on beer/food/merchandise!