Big Axe Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Big Axe Brewing Company is looking for a Head Brewer with experience in commercial brewing, packaging & canning. Our ideal candidate is a team player with a great attitude and willingness to help our small brewery continue to grow and produce excellent brews that our customers can purchase on or off sale. We are looking for hard working, motivated individuals that not only want to brew, but have an interest in all facets of operating a brewery, a passion for quality, continuous improvement and a creative bent. We brew all kinds of beer styles, including, ales, lagers, kettle sours, mixed fermentation barrel sours, barrel aged brews and more and are always looking to try new things while maintaining some of our core brews lineup. There is no shortage of variety and we are willing to experiment but we also love incremental improvement, making things better each iteration of the process.
- Able to safely lift 160 lbs
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Homebrewing experience required, commercial experience preferred
- Able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to lift, bend, and move repetitively.
- Commitment to quality and doing things right every time
- Detail and process oriented a must
- Independently produce wort on two-vessel brewhouse - responsible for all steps from grain infusion to yeast pitching.
- Independently clean, sanitize and operate all equipment.
- Ensure that all products meet required quality control points through proper technique and measurement.
- Transfer, carbonate and keg beer as needed
- Operate canning machine
- Recipe development
- Recording brewery metrics
- Managing Inventory of brewery supplies
- Maintain beer inventory
- Yeast management
- Help in all areas of the brewery as needed, including taproom, sales, events deliveries
We offer great compensation, a chance to grow, free beer, paid vacation.
Pay - Commensurate with experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year