Platform Beer Company
Apply for Job
The Senior Accountant will perform complex work assisting in the maintenance of the company’s accounting and financial practices and programs. This position works under the direction of the Controller and with functional management and staff to maintain sound accounting practices, as well as to teach employees the importance of stewardship. CPA or considerable experience may warrant Senior Accountant distinction and compensation.
- Perform daily transactional accounting duties for both the brewery and pub business units. Such duties include but not limited to; AR and AP entries, reconciliations, expense report management, journal entries, payment processing, vendor set up, etc.
- Assist in the management and execution of month end and year end closing procedures.
- Help departments heads develop and track annual budgets.
- Ensure accuracy of all general ledger accounts.
- Tasked with the integration of new systems and processes into the business
- Manage documentation system in compliance with federal and state alcohol control regulations.
- Executes guidelines and SOPs for purchasing, procurement, accounting, and financial controls.
- Trains staff on the importance of sound accounting practices, and relevant SOPs.
- Coordinate and ensure accuracy of physical inventory counts and adjustments
- Manage cash flow by ensuring timely collection of Accounts Receivable and payment of Accounts Payable.
- Execute adequate financial cost controls to mitigate financial risks of financial loss or misstatement.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and customers.
- Ability to monitor program initiatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and other office related software.
- Experienced with ERP and SAAS systems
- Knowledge of FASB and MIC/SOX standards.
- Knowledge of public business accounting practices and standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- Experience with SAP accounting software preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Beer-Industry experience preferred.
- Conducts work in a sitting position primarily; however, job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping, and light lifting.
As a leading brewer, we are committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.