Sales Operations Manager
Apply for this Job
*THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SAN FRANCISCO. CANDIDATE MUST BE LOCATED IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA. NO RELOCATION OFFERED*
Reporting to the President/ CEO, this manager supports the achievement of corporate goals and improves the effectiveness and efficiency of the sales and pricing functions by providing information reporting & analysis and by enabling thorough planning & execution guidance. Act as the key SME on all sales systems (VIP, CRM, Armadillo, etc.).
- Manage sales reporting and analysis, activity scheduling and forecasting. Participates in cross functional work groups such as: SMAC meeting and Sales & Operations meeting.
- Reinforce National Account growth by supporting portfolio priorities, customer listings, and shelf space expansion opportunities.
- Identify volume and revenue improvement opportunities by customer type.
- Participates in development and tracking of the Annual Sales Operating Plan to include activity planning and the setting of volume and expenses targets.
- Manages Brand and SKU pricing and price promotion strategies and their corresponding budgets for domestic and export.
- Work in coordination with the Marketing Department while developing sales and pricing strategies.
- Support sales information needs through effectively managing and maintaining all sales information systems and ongoing improvements (e.g. VIP, CRM, Armadillo, etc.).
- Maintain up-to-date item master and customer master files within the sales systems.
- Performs other sales and pricing related duties and projects as required.
- Manage and maintain master pricing system.
- Work with Area Sales Mangers in the development of regional pricing and discount strategies.
- Business travel from time to time for in-market surveys and related meetings as required.
- Perform other related duties and leads special projects as required.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience in a large consumer packaged goods environment including at least 5 years of managerial experience.
- Strong computer skills using Excel, experience using Microsoft Office Suite, CRM tools (Sales Force), VIP and either IRI or Nielsen data
- Proven experience working with cross functional business teams
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; strong presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability and willingness to travel as directed
- Beverage Alcohol industry experience is an asset
- Customer focus
- Strategic Planning
Sapporo USA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package.
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at Sapporo USA, Inc. (“Sapporo” or “us” or “we” or “our”). Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment or internship purposes, we may collect and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number);
- protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status);
- professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references);
- other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and
- inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., by creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information primarily to evaluate your candidacy for the position(s) you apply for. We may also use the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- to perform recruitment and hiring services;
- to manage the workforce;
- to comply with federal and state laws, and
- to maintain security (e.g., detecting security risks and incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity, and complying with our policies and procedures).