Market Manager - Denver
Montucky Cold Snacks
Apply for this Job
Montucky Cold Snacks (MCS) is actively looking for a Market Manager to join our fast-growing company. We are an American style lager beer based in Bozeman, MT with our core values centering around giving back to the community and inspiring others to have fun. We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter and enjoys a fast-paced environment with exceptional sales experience to join the MCS sales team.
Reports to: VP of Sales
States Responsible: CO, WY, AZ, MT
# of Direct Reports: 1
Location: Denver, CO
Travel: Appx 50%
Key Account Management (40% of your time)
- Coordinate with VP of Sales on weekly, monthly and quarterly key account target lists created from detailed goals and objectives in both on and off premise.
- Strategically develop and execute on and off-premise strategy with the VP of Sales.
- Make in person and virtual sales calls to existing and potential high volume accounts.
- Establish new business in the independent beer segment across assigned territory.
- Grow current beer business through expanded distribution, display programs and feature activity.
- Prepare customized fact-based sales presentations for key account and distributors that demonstrates a level of customer, product and industry knowledge which distinguishes you as a standout amongst your industry peers.
- Create creative programs and/or events that support both the brand and key accounts.
Distributor/Market Management (50% of your time)
- Be the face of the brand to our distributors in assigned markets.
- Give professional presentations to both distributors and retail accounts.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with brand management teams on upcoming, current, and past programs.
- Hold distributors accountable for retail execution.
- Schedule in market work withs and recap successes and opportunities back to leadership.
- Work with brand manager(s) to make sure the proper POS, packaging, and merchandising materials are available.
- Hold quarterly business review and planning meetings with distributor brand manager(s) to recap programs and set goals and expectations for upcoming MCS programs in a concise yet thorough format.
- Complete all required forms and paperwork for new and expansion MCS items.
- Manage distributor budgets.
- Help build and present Annual Business Plans with VP of Sales and Chain Team for assigned distributors
- Create on and off premise target list for distributors.
Admin (10% of your time)
- Communicate market activity, wins, and areas of needed assistance to VP of Sales and leadership.
- Communicate with MCS field sales teams and chain team.
- Analyze market trends and come up with selling stories for distributors and accounts.
- Share best practices and ideas with peers marketing team.
- Complete all needed account and distributor forms in a timely manner.
- Help plan, manage and stay within travel, sales and marketing budgets.
- Minimum of 2-4 years CPG experience and knowledge of 3 Tier System.
- Sales experience in alcohol sales preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year experience calling on off and on premise accounts in some capacity
- The desire and ability to work in a start-up environment
- Current account level and distributor relationships is a plus
- Ability to self start and work efficiently remotely is a must
- Must be highly conscientious, organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong work ethic with ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Must possess a helpful, friendly, collaborative personality.
- Must be comfortable working in a high-pressure, goal-focused environment.
- Able to use a laptop and email, proficient with Microsoft office products, pdf documents, utilize a CRM software, expense tracking software, and knowledgeable with VIP.
- Travel will be required as well as some night and weekend work.
- Must have a valid US driver’s license
- Job based in Denver, CO.