Urban South Brewery
Apply for Job
Urban South Brewery is an award winning production brewery and taproom in New Orleans with a retail taproom in Houston. We are currently the #2 brewery by volume in Louisiana, and one of the fastest-growing in the United States over the past four years. The Sales Manager should bring deep industry experience and the ability to execute our expansion strategy via distribution throughout the Southeast US. Please apply via the Indeed.com link above.
JOB TITLE: Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried Exempt Outside Sales
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the sales team to reach sales targets, managing distributor partners, and expanding distribution footprint while adhering to the overall values and goals of Urban South Brewery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to and advance the Mission and Vision Statements of Urban South Brewery.
- Embody the Core Values and Core Competencies of Urban South Brewery.
- Identify core accounts and develop a plan to establish business with such accounts.
- Establish and deliver Urban South account volume, revenue, and sales goals.
- Develop Annual Business Plans for each distributor with volume, distribution, and budget goals.
- Lead the process for distributor evaluation, selection and distribution agreements.
- Manage relationships with distributor partners to build sales from the ground up and ensure ongoing and increasing sales (including, but not limited to: meetings with brand managers, distributor budget management, presentations at distributor sales meetings).
- Motivate distributor management and sales force in order to achieve sales objectives, including the development and oversight of wholesaler programming.
- Expand Urban South’s geographic distribution area by creating new wholesaler relationships.
- Assist in recruitment and hiring of market specific sales staff when necessitated by growth.
- Establish a sales plan to achieve quarterly sales projections.
- Analyze and organize monthly depletion reports from distributors.
- Manage all sales team members.
- Personally assist in managing key accounts in every market.
- Work with warehouse manager to coordinate monthly orders from distributors.
- Work with the production department to align sales objectives with production schedules.
- Ensure proper merchandising of on- and off-premise accounts.
- Be responsible for the allocation and use of all point-of-sale materials.
- Track and monitor progress in all identified accounts.
- As this is a senior leadership position, the sales manager will be required to attend all management meetings and participate in all company meetings.
- Hold weekly sales meetings where objectives and goals are shared.
- Manage On-Premise and Off-Premise Sales Managers and their respective teams.
- Responsible for annual performance reviews for team members.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to critically assess beer quality.
- The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and sales skills.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of industry experience selling craft beer and/or as a chain account manager.
- Strong knowledge of the local market for craft beer.
- In depth knowledge of, and direct experience in, the craft beer scene in this geography.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Primarily work will be done at brewery offices and also in business accounts.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Urban South’s beer are required.
- Travel is required