Oak Highlands Brewery, LLC
Apply for this Job
Oak Highlands Brewery (OHB) is seeking a head brewer. OHB is an award-winning craft brewery located in the heart of Dallas, Texas. OHB currently produces 6 year round beers and 10+ seasonals from our 3 vessel, 30 BBL brewhouse and canning line. In addition, OHB maintains a robust small batch program supplying our taproom from our 1.5 bbl pilot brewhouse.
Job responsibilities include:
- Responsible in overseeing all facets of brewing including but not limited to: brewhouse operation (3 vessel, 30 bbl automated brewhouse); recipe formulation and collaboration; transfer, filtration, and packaging; FV and BBT CIP; maintaining production schedule; fermentation and yeast performance; keg cleaning, filling, inventory, and maintenance; canning line operation; ordering, receiving, and inventory of raw materials goods and packaging supplies; hiring, training and management of brewery production staff; and quality assurance and quality control.
- Assist in planning of brew schedule and new recipe development.
- Ensure all preventative maintenance occurs on brewhouse, fermenters, brites, canning line, air compressor, mill, chiller, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot any problems that may arise during the production day.
- Communicate with the production team and FOH on upcoming beers and new processes.
- Maintain inventory of raw ingredients (hops, grain, fruit, etc).
- Management of production-related tasks in Ekos.
- Assist in management of our barrel program.
- At least 3 years of brewing experience working in ALL facets of the brewery. A degree from an accredited brewing school is a plus, but not required.
- A relentless attention to detail regarding cleaning and maintenance.
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- Self-motivated with good time management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of working in a production brewery: lift 55 lbs. and all the physical requirements of any brewing job.
- A working knowledge of chiller, plumbing and electrical.
- Mechanically inclined, able to diagnose and fix problems as they arise.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members throughout the brewery.
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
- A working knowledge of lab procedures including, but not limited to, cell counting/viability testing, D.O., CO2 and packaged air testing, U/V light spectrophotometric analysis, gram staining and microbiological analysis and all aspects of wort analysis.
- The ability to work with others and manage a team.
- Must be flexible with the work schedule, and be an ambassador for OHB at the brewery, private events, and festivals.
- Committed to making the finest beer possible.
This is a full-time salaried position (35 to 40+ hrs/wk) with benefits and compensation is highly competitive. OHB is looking for dedicated brewer with a passion to make high quality beer who is interested in becoming part of a team. All resumes should be sent to us by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.