Meanwhile Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Hiring Date: Fall 2020
Were you born to brew beer? Meanwhile Brewing Company is a new 3-vessel, 15 bbl brewery and 300 seat taproom in Austin, TX. We are seeking passionate, quality-focused, safety-driven, and team-oriented brewers to join our production team! We need brewers who are borderline obsessed with the process – from brewing and cellaring to canning and squeegeeing. We need someone that knows good and well how to brew, and better yet, takes pride in the beer they make. You’ll be brewing alongside Director of Operations Nao Ohdera and Brewmaster Will Jaquiss – turning water into beer. That sound like something you’re into? Let’s be friends.
- Performs wort production for 50+ styles of beer.
- Handles basic brewery, equipment, and facility maintenance.
- Operates a forklift.
- Oversees fermentation.
- Handles hazardous materials properly.
- Maintains an obsessively clean and organized work environment.
- Meticulously documents every aspect of the brewing process – every time.
- Maintains and records inventory of raw materials.
- Performs lab sampling duties and QA follow-ups.
- Has strong communication, planning, and organizational skills.
Requirements to Apply:
- This is a full-time salaried position – that’s 40 hours each week, occasional overtime
- We’re working with beer here – you gotta be 21 years old with at least 2 years commercial brewing experience.
- If you have formal training at an accredited brewing school or an associate degree in an applicable science – even better.
- It helps if you’re handy and good with machinery.
- This job is physical. You’ll be lifting 55-165 pound kegs, twisting/turning, reaching over your shoulders, climbing stairs, working in hot/cold/wet conditions, bending/stooping, and standing/walking.
- You must be able to work nights & weekends. Shifts are 8-10 hours and will begin at 6 AM, 10 AM, or 2 PM.
- You must be a good representative of Meanwhile Brewing Co. while in the taproom and making keg deliveries.
- You must be open to sharing ideas and suggestions with the team. Help us all be better brewers.
Perks: Meanwhile Brewing Company offers competitive compensation, 401(k) company match, health care package to include health/vision/dental, a positive and exciting work environment, & FREE beer!
How to Apply: We are most decidedly an equal opportunity employer. We warmly accept applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, or veteran status. To apply, visit us at? ?meanwhilebeer.com? and please submit a cover letter with resume through our careers page.