North Park Beer Company
Apply for Job
Job Title - General Manager
Wage - Salary commensurate with experience
Position - Full-time, exempt
The General Manager is responsible for the operational excellence of North Park Beer Co. (NPBC), including the recruitment, engagement, and management of its leadership team and employees, its ability to consistently exceed customers' expectations, and its performance against key performance indicators. The General Manager will ensure that world-class beer and an impeccable service experience are delivered at all times. Moreover, the General Manager will be instrumental in the growth and expansion of the company into new properties and markets. Candidates must share NPBC’s commitment to quality, safety, business ethics, and continuous innovation. Candidates should also have passion for the NPBC brand and its core values, as well as all things craft beer. They should be excited and motivated to lead the development of a growing, independent brewery business.
Duties and responsibilities
DAY TO DAY:
- Understand, oversee, and guide subordinates in day to day operations of all properties.
- Maintain a work environment that encourages dedication and accountability, and maintains the highest standards of service.
- Maintain an active presence during service hours and assist team members as needed.
- Oversee all administrative requirements including, ABC/TTB stipulations, cash handling, completion of guest liability, property, casualty, worker's compensation reports, EDD and governmental compliance.
- Coach, support, and maintain continuous communication with all property staff and leadership.
- Demonstrate effective and timely communication with direct employees, customers, outside vendors, and all other NPBC personnel.
- Work with Company Ownership and Taproom Leads to implement departmental initiatives, SOP rollouts, etc.
- In coordination with front and back of house leadership teams, be responsible for hiring, scheduling, training, evaluating, and issuing corrective actions for all property personnel, in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Demonstrate full understanding of POS system both in FOH function and back end reporting capacity. Regularly generate financial and operational reporting to inform decision making and determine company progress against KPI’s.
- Oversee and maintain inventory systems for all house and guest beverages, as well as merchandise, glassware, supplies and event assets.
- Collaborate with the NPBC team to develop and implement internal and external marketing initiatives, including but not limited to in-store promotions, community involvement, off-site events, social media involvement, and employee engagement.
- Become an expert in all things North Park Beer Co and ensure our brand is always well represented by the team.
- Be a team player and be able to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Responsible for submitting and approving payroll.
- Adhere to and enforce all applicable local, state and federal laws, rules, and regulations.
- Other tasks as needed
- Work closely with Ownership and CFO to develop initiatives, strategies and goals for business development, sales growth, and increased guest counts and satisfaction.
- Provide training and directives for NPBC Taproom Leads.
- Hold routine meetings with the management team to discuss property performance and set goals.
- Respond to and be an active participant in projects and requests from all NPBC departments/divisions.
- Keep Ownership/Stakeholders promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggest alternative courses of action.
- Guide, mediate and properly document employee issues, disputes, or performance problems as needed.
- Maintain all appropriate employee files and stay up to date with HR and labor laws, ensuring compliance and eliminating company liability wherever possible.
- Regularly evaluate employees on skills and behavior as it pertains to their position, continually assessing your team in order to uphold best talent standards for the organization.
- Continually assess and develop NPBC’s service model and operations to maximize sales and efficiency of service.
- Proactively seek out education and training on best management practices to continually refine leadership skills and abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of NPBC Values
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check
- LEAD Certification is required
- Minimum Cicerone Level I certification or comparable beer-related education
- Minimum of 3 years restaurant or hospitality management experience
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Able to use all tools associated with the position including but not limited to draft lines and point of sales systems
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and a genuine love and aptitude for meeting and interacting with people
- Possess strong problem-solving skills through ability to diagnose and implement solutions
- Possess thorough attention to detail and desire to take initiative.
- Possess awareness of local, state, and federal health and sanitation laws.
- Possess strong knowledge and enforcement of California ABC laws.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, budgeting experience and full understanding of financials
- Demonstrated technological aptitude, including but not limited to online inventory management, word processing, and spreadsheet computer applications
- Able to positively observe, communicate with, and direct the actions of subordinates
- Able and willing to work in the front of house and back of house
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Able to communicate effectively and be understood in English
- Able to lift heavy objects (25 – 50 lbs.) on a continual basis. Able to transport up to 160 lbs. (full kegs) with assistance. Able to stand, walk, lift, and bend for up to 8 hours per shift. Able to work in crowded and confined spaces
- Able to maintain excellent customer service and professional appearance suitable for guest interaction while working under pressure
- Evening, weekend, and holiday availability required
- Flexible “on call” availability required
- Up to 15% travel time may be required
* Exempt/non-exempt status refers to an employee’s eligibility for overtime pay and certain other legal rights. Exempt/non-exempt status is a legal determination, based on applicable federal and state law and factors including the nature of the work, the specific job duties and responsibilities, and level/form of compensation. Non-exempt employees are typically paid by the hour for each hour worked during a pay period, and receive overtime pay in accordance with applicable overtime rules. Exempt employees are generally paid a salary intended to compensate them fully for all hours worked each week; as such, they are not compensated based on the number of hours worked and do not receive overtime pay.
North Park Beer Company strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.