Director of Sales
Apply for Job
What is Ohza?
Ohza is a premium “champagne cocktail” company. We use quality ingredients like you would yourself, but made them lighter, less sugary and ready-to-drink. Whether hitting the beach, tailgate, or après ski, mimosas are now not just for brunch.
We’re also redefining what you expect from a ready-to-drink beverage: Ohza has a calorie count similar to a hard seltzer, but the bold flavor of a serious cocktail - all while containing no added sugar, nothing artificial, no preservatives, and an extremely clean nutrition label.
Our products use premium sparkling wine and real juice. In fact, almost one third of every can is filled with juice, providing rich, authentic flavor. Ohza has been featured in Forbes, Delish, USA Today, and other publications highlighting it’s flavor and packaging. To learn more, please visit ohzamimosas.com.
Where it Began
It all started when four friends attempted to mix some mimosas on a tippy boat off Cape Cod. The result? A mess and an idea.
With a successful launch in 2019 and rapid growth in 2020, Ohza has become one of the fastest-growing RTD cocktail companies in the US.
Position Description - Director of Sales
Ohza is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Director of Sales who will be responsible for our entire wholesale/retail sales channel. You’ll be prioritizing growth by driving new opportunities while also increasing volume in existing markets. You will spend significant time working hand-in-hand with and inspiring our distribution partners, key accounts, and internal sales staff to produce outsized returns on our investments in people, marketing, and sales strategy.
The DOS will work directly with the company Founder to develop, implement, and execute the sales and promotion strategies for the brand. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, is hungry to help build a young brand from the ground up, and has at least five years of experience in a sales leadership role with a proven track record of growing brands in the alcohol space.
- Collaborate with executive management to develop and implement annual sales strategy
- Establish and manage partnerships with new and existing distributors and key retailers
- Develop and communicate monthly volume and distribution goals to achieve overall objectives for each market
- Conceive and execute big-picture short and long term plans for portfolio structure, territory expansion, marketing support, budgets, sales forecasts by SKU, and distributors
- Translate overarching strategy into clear, locally executable plans and focus resources within each territory accordingly
- Design and implement incentive programs intended to motivate distribution partners to maximize sales objectives
- Manage key retailers by establishing promotional calendars, new items, trade spend, post-promotion analysis, and retail programs
- Create innovative presentations for prospective distribution and retail partners designed to build excitement around the brand
- Lead, motivate, and train a team of sales staff to deliver results by establishing goals for each territory and key customer
- Be accountable for cost containment and growth of revenue, profit, and volume
- A passion for Ohza, what we represent, and the overall category
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater with at least 5 years of sales leadership experience
- Extremely motivated to make an impact and truly build a brand from the ground up
- Enthusiastic about working for an early stage company and eager to create a category leader
- Established relationships with key retail accounts and distributors across the country
- Proven track record of brand building in the alcohol space
- High competence in navigating franchise law, contracts, and all legal aspects of three-tier system
- Advanced knowledge of channel analysis and category management
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously
- Competent with Excel, PowerPoint, VIP
- Valid driver’s license, 21+, and ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Competitive base salary and bonus
- Significant equity grants and options for the right candidate
- Comprehensive healthcare plan
- Expense and mileage reimbursement
- Free product!
How to Apply:
If interested, please email Ryan Ayotte at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a short paragraph on why you are interested in the position.