Limited Release Innovation Brewer
Apply for this Job
Limited Release Innovation Brewer
“We brew it here. We drink it here. We sell what’s left.”
Bira 91 Limited Release is a platform to blaze a trail.
Limited Release is where our brewers let loose and they bring out the crazy in them.
Our brewers bust their chops and show off their skills to make beers they want to make (and drink).
Every tank of beer they make is unique and bursting with flavor.
And it is available to a few lucky ones who happen to be at the right place at the right time.
Experimental. Creative. Innovative. Limited. This is Bira 91 Limited Release.
Bira 91’s Limited Release Innovation Brewing Program is the company’s innovation pipeline.
The first of its kind program at a brewery in Asia, this is the perfect opportunity to hone your brewing skills, bring out your creativity, explore unusual, local ingredients and interact with consumers in a fast evolving but still nascent market.
Combined with this is a unique opportunity to travel and explore India!
- A craft brewer with 3+ years of experience in a well-established regional craft brewery or a microbrewery with reputation for innovation
- New Product Development / craft brewing experience in beers and ales, including IPAs, Ciders, Sours, Barrel Aging, Stouts, Lagers
- Passionate about food, beverages, cooking, local ingredients and new tastes
- Highly adaptable and able to quickly get up to speed in a foreign culture
- Self-motivated and problem-solving attitude with critical thinking
- Excited about the opportunity to help grow the culture and influence of flavorful beer in India
- Good communicator including basic writing skills and must love interacting with people.
- Must have Undergraduate degree.
- Formal education in brewing is a huge plus.
- This is a 12-month fixed contract position
- Experience and work out of our microbrewery in Mysore and out of our tap room in Bangalore
- You are expected to make 20 different beers at pilot scale (5 HL) and release them in the tap room (and other Limited Release accounts)
- Oversee tap room operations, participate in events, and engage with consumers
- Guided market visits with our Cicerones and partner chefs to explore local ingredients and farms
- Collaborate with our brewing and quality managers
- Get coached by senior leaders in supply, logistics, quality and brewing
- Understand the market through guided sales visits
- Collaborate with the marketing team to help in market activations, consumer samplings and tastings of Limited Release Beers across Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore
- Assist digital team in developing content for Limited Release beers
This position can be a stepping stone to a permanent position with the company as well depending on performance.
Who are we:
Refreshingly modern beers, Imagined in India. Bira 91 aspires to bring flavorful beers to the new world. As one of the fastest growing beer companies in the world, Bira 91 has built a portfolio of essential and innovative beers and aims to drive the global shift in beer towards more color and flavor.
Established in the summer of 2015 by B9 Beverages and headquartered in New Delhi, Bira 91 has quickly become a rage amongst today’s generation of consumers owing to its delicious beers, bold identity and a strong draft network. The company has four production breweries with a total brewing capacity of 2m HL (~1.8m bbl per year) and one tap room. Driven by a dynamic and energetic team of over 500 passionate beer lovers, the company now operates four breweries in India. Crafted with the creative urban drinker in mind — someone who likes to have fun and doesn’t take life too seriously, the brand aims to disrupt the global beer world with 21st century technology and its playful monkey mascot.
To more about us visit our website: www.bira91.com