spring house brewing co.
Apply for this Job
As a brewer at Spring House Brewing Co. (SHBC) you will be responsible for executing the daily activities required to deliver the highest quality in specification beer to our consumers. While most of your efforts will be focused on producing wort, you may also be required to perform tasks specific to the cellar, equipment maintenance, packaging support and basic quality work. You will represent and promote Spring House Brewery in a positive manner to guests, local residents and the general public.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead by example in upholding the Company’s Core Values and promoting a positive and constructive working environmentStrictly adhere to all SHBC safety and personal protective equipment (PPE) protocols, production standard operating procedures (SOP’s), liquid quality standards (LQS) and current good manufacturing practices (cGMP)
- Perform all tasks necessary to achieve the daily and weekly brewing, cellaring or packaging schedules
- Complete all production related documentation as instructed
- Perform basic quality checks (i.e., specific gravity, carbonation levels, dissolved oxygen, etc.)
- Keep all functional area equipment clean, sanitized and in good operating condition
- Effectively communicate to your fellow team members and management with focus on participating in daily team huddles, checking and responding to company emails, etc.
- Promptly report any safety concerns, out of specification situations or malfunctioning equipment to a manager
- Make recommendations on how to improve safety, operating efficiency (OE), liquid yields, working conditions, etc.
- Assist in other areas of the brewery as needed
- Management of Packaging Beer: Learn all aspects of running the canning line.
- Primary Innovator of New Brew Recipes.
- Manages all Draft lines at brewery: Maintain 12 taps at all times. Schedule cleaning of draft lines. Maintain crowler machine.
- Updates to Untappd.
- Record Keeping: Fermenation, Yeast Handling, Canning Logs, Sensory Analysis and Tasting Panels.
- Monitor and Answer all brewery quality control issues.
- Bi-weekly meetings with Sales Manager and President.
- Maintain all brewing equipment in proper working order.
- Order inventory for all brewery supplies. Login information provided.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Train, supervise and schedule staff
- 21 years of age or older
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 3-5 years minimum cross-functional (cellar, packaging, brewhouse) experience with a brewery of 5,000Bbls/year or more
- Solid computer skills
- Ability to work shift work, including weekends and holidays, as required
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and staff
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting ability