Senior Marketing Manager
Avery Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
The Senior Marketing Manager (MM) will play a critical role in understanding the consumer to create
strategic brand plans, execution of marketing programs, and coordination across other
marketing and Avery Brewing company functions. The MM will also be the lead on in-depth data analysis to
arrive at business insights that lead to actionable business decisions and actions. The MM must
possess strong critical thinking and problem solving skills, project management skills to juggle
multiple priorities at once, initiative and capacity to work independently, clear and articulate
communication skills, and the ability to develop strong cross-functional relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Development of strategic and annual marketing plans in collaboration with other marketing functions including execution of said plans. Marketing plans will address all components of the marketing mix including pricing, promotion, new product development (special focus on Innovation), advertising, PR, digital marketing, and market and consumer research.
- Be a brand steward, understanding the Avery brand and consumer to craft marketing strategies that are consistent with the brand DNA and grow the business.
- Oversight of marketing budget. Responsible for delivering year-end budget at prescribed number and ownership of media budget.
- Joint responsibility for delivery of volume, share, profit, and brand health goals.
- Report to CEO with monthly updates on key business trends and provide analysis when sales differ from forecast. Have an in-depth understanding of key marketing and sales programming that can impact the business.
- Work closely with sales to ensure execution of marketing programs in the field and identify opportunities to grow the business in the trade.
- Understanding on how to plan, source, receive and ship POS and retail tools in a timely and consistent fashion to distributors.
- Interact cross-functionally with finance, sales, retail, and production to proactively identify and address problems or opportunities. Prioritize solutions and opportunities that will have the greatest impact.
- Experience in managing and leveraging brand and company sponsorships both in physical and virtual world as well as events and experiential activations both within and outside brewery.
- Represent the brand at trade events, consumer promotions, sales meetings, and with distributors and customers as needed.
- Be an active participant in the Avery culture, living our principles and inspiring others to do the same.
- Team of four direct reports.
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Marketing, MBA preferred.
- At least 10 years related marketing experience, alcohol/beverage industry experience a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment and adaptable to change.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and strategic skills. Make complex ideas simple.
- Demonstrated ability in taking initiative to seek out opportunities and solve problems.
- Distinguished written and verbal communication skills including strong presentation skills
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills. Must have the confidence and ability to communicate and influence at all levels and across functions, outside and inside Avery.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage time and correctly prioritize multiple projects.
- Positive attitude and infectious personal drive that energizes others.
- A valued team player that is a role model for collaboration.
- Knowledgeable of and active within major social media platforms.
- Conducts oneself professionally. Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Consistently achieves desired outcomes on time and with a minimum of avoidable errors and issues.
- Experience with public relations and digital marketing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Project Management - Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
SENIOR MARKETING MANAGER
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision- making process.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner;Reacts well under pressure;Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;Accepts responsibility for own actions;Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions;Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas;
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Four direct reports as of today’s structure.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear.