General Manager Retail Operations
Alesmith Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
AleSmith Brewing Company is dedicated to creating the world’s highest quality beer, while promoting an understanding and appreciation of craft beer and its styles and traditions to those we faithfully call our customers.
If you are passionate about craft beer and interested in helping to support our mission, we are currently looking for a Full-Time General Manager Retail Operations.
The General Manager Retail Operations will be responsible for execution of the overall vision and goals of the Tasting Room and its ancillary “hospitality” outlets, while being responsible for P&L of the department. Outlets include the Tony Gwynn Museum, mezzanine bar, speakeasy, private and public event space, gift shop, and online store. With the assistance of the department’s Assistant Manager and Tasting Room Leads, will oversee day to day operations of the hospitality staff as well as our membership and loyalty clubs and ensure exemplary customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the Tasting Rooms operational budget, P&L, and overall business operations of the hospitality department which includes the Tasting Bar, Gift Shop and Events.
- Manages the development of new direct to consumer programs.
- Responsible for revenue growth while maximizing bottom line results.
- Maintains inventory levels following company established guidelines for ordering and receiving.
- Creates a world class experience for consumers that centers on quality beer and exemplary service.
- Develops short and long-term financial, operational goals and service goals to deliver on overall company goals.
- Collaborates with marketing on branding strategies for department as well as promotional collateral support.
- Works in conjunction with HR in forecasting personnel needs as well as for staffing and onboarding.
- Responsible for performance management including reviews, counseling, and handling disciplinary issues.
- Mentors and coaches hourly staff to ensure their focus is on building authentic guest relationships.
- Ensures compliance with state and local rules and regulations related to our business and industry.
- Produce weekly and monthly financial, inventory, and statistical reports to members of executive team.
- Represent AleSmith at special events such as industry conferences, beer dinners and beer festivals.
- Proactively seeks out and resolves guest concerns or issues and use such opportunities as development/coaching tools for hourly staff.
- Attend/LEAD applicable safety or regulatory training.
- Follow and enforce Company safety procedures, policies, and SOPs.
- Proven track record of successful execution of prior company goals.
- Proven track record in effectively hiring, developing, and retaining staff.
- Strong business acumen with P&L management experience.
- Must have a passion for craft beer and exemplary service.
- Must have the ability to occasionally lift a keg of 55 lbs and stand for long periods of time during high volume or major event days.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and POS operating systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to command and influence an audience.
- A desire to embrace and execute our mission and values.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of F&B management experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or comparable time in field
Qualified candidates please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your attached resume in order to be considered.
AleSmith Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.