Yards Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Yards Brewing Company has been proudly brewing in the City of Brotherly Love since 1994. We’ve grown from a garage-sized operation in the Manayunk section of Philly to Roxborough, Kensington, Northern Liberties, and now to our newest location — a 70,000-square-foot brewery and taproom at 500 Spring Garden Street. Philadelphia Pale Ale, Signature IPA, and Brawler, all nationally recognized ales, lead a balanced portfolio of quality, handcrafted beers including nine year-round offerings and several seasonal and limited releases. Founder Tom Kehoe and the Yards Crew share a commitment to supporting the good people and organizations making their backyard a better place to live and work. Here at Yards, it’s always been about working hard, having fun, and giving back. The Brew Unto Others motto reflects our commitment to quality, community, and sustainability. It’s also a call to action. We encourage you to get together to enjoy our beer, each other’s company, and to Brew Unto Others every day.
Yards Brewing Company is seeking motivated individuals to fill multiple positions in the Yards Brewing Company Packaging Department. There is opportunity for advancement for individuals to learn, train, and grow into a career in the brewing industry. We are seeking the following requirements from applicants:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Properly wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) and follow all safety and company policies.
- Keep pace with fast-running machinery to ensure daily production goals are met.
- Alert management of any potential safety or quality concerns.
- Perform assigned tasks at various stations on the bottling, canning, rework and kegging lines.
- Adhere to Good Brewing Practices (GBPs).
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take on any task.
- Dependable and punctual - must be able to adhere to attendance and absenteeism policy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to adapt in a changing environment
- Positive attitude and ability to take constructive criticism.
Experience, Education, And Certifications
- High School diploma, or equivalent, preferred.
- 1 year brewery or related beverage / food manufacturing experience preferred.
- Forklift experience a plus (certification not required)
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions
- 1st and 2nd shift work availability is required (6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm). (Typical work week is 40-45 hours, Monday-Friday)
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50 lbs for a 8 hour shift.
- Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, crawl.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and noisy work environments.
- Ability to stand 8+ hours per day.
Yards Brewing Company offers a competitive 401(k) plan, PTO, along with medical and dental benefits.