Brewery Process Engineer
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials engineering required
- Brewing Degree or Certification preferred
- Five (5) years of manufacturing experience required; experience within a brewery preferred
- Mechanical and/or process engineering background within a large-scale manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience with design, build, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting equipment and processes
- Project management experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to recognize and clearly report information
- Solid knowledge of brewing concepts, principles, processes, and theories
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with and guide others
- Development of P&IDs and process equipment and piping specifications
- Working knowledge of PLC programming concepts, computer network technology, servers, and databases
- Ability to be self-motivated and motivate others to persist in times of challenge or uncertainty
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check
- You must be at least 21-years-old to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Occasional travel required, primarily to equipment manufacturers for factory acceptance tests.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The frequency of the below physical requirements & working conditions are represented as follows: Rarely represents 0-25% of the shift. Occasionally represents 25-50% of the shift. Frequently represents 51-75% of the shift. Constantly represents 76-100% of the shift. This is an exempt role and may occasionally require workdays longer than 8 hours.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may occasionally be moderate or require hearing protection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to engage in physical activities and manual labor, as required, including but not limited to: prolonged standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling and bending. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, the ability to adjust focus and be able to differentiate color. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and the ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted.