Field Marketing Manager
Yakima Chief Hops
Apply for Job
Job Title: Field Marketing Manager
Department: Sales and Marketing
Classification: Exempt, Salary
Reports to: Division Lead
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business or five years of professional experience in sales, supply chain and managing and growing customer relationships.
2. Must have strategic planning skills and professional experience including short term, long term and process planning abilities for projects at different levels of detail.
3.Must have proven experience in using software tools to analyze data and make informed business-based recommendations to a management team.
4. Must have contract management and contract experience.
5. Must have strong collaborative and inter-management skills including a professional history of working with multiple departments and customer types.
6. Must have program development and project management skills and experience.
7. Possess experience and skills needed to develop and evaluate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
8. Possess experience and skills needed to professionally present complex and technical based information to many different populations in many different settings and formats.
9. Possess excellent customer service skills, strong communication skills, and the ability to adapt to a changing pace and dynamic work environment.
10 Excellent mathematical, communication and computer skills, and ensure a strong attention to detail.
11. Ability to independently initiate, prioritize, and perform or solve work problems and ultimately achieve work objectives and meet deadlines.
12. Must be able to lead working groups, work independently, and as a team member.
13. Possess reporting functions with the ability to interpret large amounts of data and present findings to management and executive teams.
14. Must be able to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with co-workers, customers, supervisor, and management team.
15. Familiarity with hop processing and storage requirements for plant equipment, operation, delivery.
16. Must be able to provide input and direction for the implementation, training, and continuous improvement of integrating an ERP system into everyday operations.
17. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
18. Possess a strong work ethic to positively contribute to the company’s mission, vision, values, environmental policy, and quality policy.
19. Must have a positive attitude, support co-workers to obtain desired objectives, and assist others in their contributions.
The Field Marketing Manager is a role within the Sales and Marketing team with a focus of being a brand ambassador, liaison with customers and YCH staff for the ultimate goal of growing YCH presence and market share through direct customer involvement and value creation while staying connected with parallel sales and marketing teammates. Their regular duties will be to operate within a portion of the North American market and interface directly with customers, hosting and helping with events, collaborations, social media, and both participating in and creating novel ways for YCH customers to further their relationship with YCH. The group of customers or geographic area that this role will operate as defined by the Vice President of North American Sales. This role will involve the same customer focused and customer service tasks of other Sales and Marketing roles but will also include regular communication throughout the team to provide support and information to other sales and marketing members. The implementation of this on a day to day basis will consist of key set goals and targets for market presence, individualized projects, and professional goals. A Field Marketing Manager will also stay in regular contact with the Sales & Marketing Leadership team to ensure consistency in communication and goal accomplishment. A field Marketing manager will not have individual sales goals but will be more tied to the success of the marketing component goals of the overall team.
- Create, organize, and run customer focused events both individually with customers as well as regionally.
- Find and support in creative ways customer events and their business success.
- Target strategic brewing collaborations within territory.
- Support targeted marketing efforts.
- Help maintain strategic social media and blog support focused on “in the field”
2. Work with Division Lead on sales specific projects to assist in clarity in Sales and Marketing team goals.
- Assist in building and scaling out Hop & Brew School remote events.
- Expansion of event and sponsorship support with RSM team in collaboration with the Events Manager.
3. Specific focus duties as assigned. Pursue and accomplish specific focuses on an annual basis as defined by the Division Lead. (IE – Guild Governance, Community Blend Support, Homebrew etc…)
4. Hop Selection Support and strategic growth.
5. Work in establishing stand alone projects. Idea may encompass the following and are certainly not limited to:
- Fireside Chats – Dinners, talks etc… Cohosting events
- Strategic Beer Collaborations
- Social Media Stories/Blog Overlap/Customer Stories – Focus on Relationship*
- Grower Visit Coverage*
- Remote sensory experiences
- Booth Coverage/Market Coverage – connecting
- Governance and Blend growth
- Grower Visit Coverage*
- YCH hosted local events
- Brewer Education
- Beer Events
- Remote Hop & Brew School
- Lead Generation in collaboration with Sales teammates
- Support branding and brand management in the market
- Localizing global marketing campaigns to be relevant to territories you operate in
- Craft Brewer for a day
- Potential Homebrew overlap support
- Hop Supplier for a day
6. Maintain sanitary and safe work environment.
7. Follow safety requirements.
8. May actively participate on company’s Safety Committee.
9. Under the direction of Safety department, ensure that company safety policies as well as federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations are observed.
10. Must have a complete understanding of company’s policies, (relevant SOPs, QPs, EPs, HACCP and cGMP programs) to ensure quality, safety, efficiency and sustainability.
11. Must adhere to all company policies.
12. Examine documents, materials, and products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications.
13. Follow all SOPs in a given area.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned by Manager and/or designee.