Director of Operations
Apply for this Job
Job Posting: Director of Operations
Primary responsibility for this position is to be accountable for and drive the company’s operational goals and production needs in a fast-paced ever-changing environment. The Director of Operations will report to and work closely with the CEO to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel. The Director of Operations will partner with Sales and Finance to ensure forecasting, quality, and supply chain are running optimally. In addition, the Director of Operations is responsible for creating strategies and directing activities such that business growth and profitability are ensured. The ideal candidate will inspire others through coaching, maintaining high standards for facility management, quality control, safety building a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company, all with a positive can-do attitude.
Essential Functions and Duties
- Provide day-to-day leadership that drives the company to achieve and surpass financial and operational objectives set by the CEO
- Assist the CEO and management team in setting strategic direction, priority setting and decision-making
- Work with Finance to run the budgeting process and effectively manage all the financial impacts within the operations area
- Responsible for capital planning and expenditures
- Lead the company’s operations and improve processes in the areas of purchasing, manufacturing, production planning, inventory processes and tracking, sales fulfillment and distribution
- Oversee all aspects of the corporation’s operations including quality control, order fulfillment, operational efficiencies, capacity optimization, multiple brand management, margin improvement and vendor and other partner relations
- Experience managing new manufacturing buildouts and/or existing facility improvement projects
- Comprehensive understanding of all stages of a manufacturing facility’s operations and internal and external supply chains
- Provide periodic and timely, accurate reports and records on the operating condition and performance of the corporation to the CEO
- Create and measure operating KPI’s driving continuous improvement
- Motivate and lead a high performing team; attract, recruit and retain top talent; provide mentoring to development managers and supervisors
- Create and monitor written policies and SOPs
- Communicates effectively and resolves any issues internally and externally
- Perform various special projects, as requested
Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Food Science, Business Administration, or related field required. Brewing degree and/or coursework from an industry recognized program is helpful.
- 5-years of experience in brewing industry with increasing responsibility and leadership
- 3-5 years of experience as the operational leader of a multi-department production facility producing more than 25K barrels per year, in a fast-paced brewery.
- Craft beverage industry experience or comparable complexity preferred
- Strong working knowledge of GMP, LEAN, OSHA, HAACP, and TTB and CA ABC regulations
- Current working knowledge of Ekos brewery software with competent computer skills using
- Microsoft & Google products
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and demonstrated leadership
Please apply at email@example.com including your cover letter and resume.