Strategic Master Planning & Data Analytics Manager
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Strategic Master Planning & Data Analytics Manager is responsible for all high-level Supply Chain Planning, Data Analytics and Reporting activities. This role requires a strong technical background in Supply Chain and Planning systems, preferably in a mid to large size brewery environment. As a change agent, this role collaborates and influences all aspects of the business, challenging the status quo to ensure we efficiently and effectively balance our demand and supply strategies.
Using scenario based planning, this role will lead the master supply planning and overall demand fulfillment planning processes, including guiding of the finished goods and raw material inventory strategies, the creation of supply master plans guiding the production requirement schedules, capacity planning, and fulfillment planning activities. This position will be responsible for overseeing all Master Data Management elements required to support the use of planning and inventory systems. Additionally , the role will be responsible for providing data analytics to ensure key supply chain metrics are monitored for effectiveness and to guide supply chain strategies.
- Based on the rolling Demand Plans, create strategic supply plans that ensure proper product freshness and maintains targeted inventory and service level targets
- Create and publish optimized, balanced three (3) month rolling supply/inventory plans across all breweries that maximizes capacities and communicate the plans to key personnel
- Lead the supply review elements of the Sale & Operations Planning (S&OP)/Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process working with Supply Chain and Operations to address any demand/supply imbalances
- Lead and coordinate all Master Data Management required to support systems and information flow to include but not be limited to BOMS, Routers for Brewing and Packaging.
- Collaborate with demand planning on optimized inventory stocking strategies via product segmentation to achieve desired on-time in full order fulfillment and established inventory goals
- Monitor, maintain and report inventories against business agreed to targets
- Develop and utilize rough-cut capacity planning analysis to pass down rolling production schedules that are governed by the principles of resource utilization and level loading schedules where possible
- Coordinate the aggregate Master Plan with the Supply Chain Materials team to align procurement strategies, resulting in consistent availability of sourced materials to achieve master plan and production schedule requirements
- Using Scenario planning, provide recommendations to resolve any mid-long-term horizon supply constraints within the business including but not limited to, staffing, production schedules, alternative production sites, product transfers
- Responsible for master aggregate manufacturing plans for multiple brewing facilities; collaborate with Demand Planners, Materials Buyers and Plant Managers to ensure plans fully utilize resource capabilities
- Collaborate with the Logistics and Warehouse teams to ensure the Master Plans accommodates warehouse and logistics requirements, capacities, and utilization
- Participate in key Strategic Supply Partners Integrated Business meetings as needed
- Collaborate with the Commercial and Innovation teams to ensure execution of New Product launches
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the master scheduling process and performance and for serving as an early warning system on misalignment of operational capabilities and demand trends
- Gather data, to develop and measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate aggregate supply plans to assist in assessing the effectiveness of the supply planning process aiming towards continuous improvement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Data Analytics, or related discipline required OR any combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Supply Chain Certification (CPIM or CSCP) preferred or willingness to obtain within 12 - 18 months
- Eight years (8) experience working within a Supply Chain or Operations function required, preferably in a brewery environment, consumer-based products (CPG) company, or any batch-packaging environment
- Five (5) years’ experience with Master Planning, Material Requirements Planning and Master Data Management and/or Production Scheduling required
- Four (4) years of experience with a mature S&OP or IBP process environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to use Excel to solve complex analytical problems
- Strong self-awareness coupled with excellent communication skills: interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills for both internal and external purposes required
- High degree of curiosity and learning agility with ability to rapidly develop sophisticated supply chain and production scheduling expertise
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to utilize and integrate data from various sources, accurately interpret data, and appropriately apply findings a
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships and cross-functional business partnerships which include being willing to listen to other’s recommendations for improvements
- Proven ability to consistently achieve company business plan goals; including volume, distribution, and profitability
- Proven ability to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguity in an environment with constantly changing priorities
- Ability to mentor and coach production schedulers
- Ability to accept coaching and mentoring from others
Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background
Occasional travel required, primarily to other breweries and training seminars.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The frequency of the below physical requirements & working conditions are represented as follows: Rarely represents 0-25% of the shift. Occasionally represents 25-50% of the shift. Frequently represents 51-75% of the shift. Constantly represents 76-100% of the shift. This is an exempt role for which workdays may exceed 8 hours on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates primarily in an office setting with frequent exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift 35 pounds without assistance and with proper body mechanics. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.