Account Executive Ohio River Valley
Apply for Job
Do you have a passion for craft beer, and a thirst for joining this industry? Malted barley is the backbone of every great beer. At Prairie malt, we offer a wide variety of high-quality products made by our malting houses around the globe, as well as our partner brands in Germany and the United Kingdom. Prairie Malt is comprised of a great team that has a passion for our industry and enjoys the full support of Boortmalt as a whole. We are a small team within a passionate global team dedicated to malting, brewing, and distilling. Being a part of this group provides almost unlimited opportunities to grow as an individual within your career.
To promote the Prairie Malt brand, as well as our global brand portfolio and those of our vendor partners to the craft brewing and distilling markets. Increase customer base, volume, and gross margin in both bulk and package sales. Leverage existing customer relationships to gain more business within these accounts and establish a greater presence within the market.
30% Assure the execution of the Commercial Strategy for the Midwest, focus on achieving target volumes – margins and new customer's goals.
15% Build Customer Development Plans using CRM and keeps them updated as an important guide to conducting commercial interaction with the different customers.
15% Apply the Marketing tools to better understand customer´s behaviors and react in a way that contributes to maximizing engagement, volumes, and margins with the different accounts.
10% Develop and maintain good market knowledge-customers, prospects, and competition (via social media, industry events, customer visits.)
10% Work together with the Customer Solution Lead to seek for opportunities of new products & services that can leverage customer profitability based on a win-win approach.
5% Being responsible for the region. This also includes working together with Finance Team to set accurate credit limits and seek opportunities regarding financial solutions.
5% Work with Inventory Planner to assist with inventory management and control in the region and at the same time assure delivery on time to the different customers.
5% Work with logistics manager on freight management for the best cost/position. (Review annual regional volume needs. Collaborate with logistics on new business to identify best shipment locations.)
5% Coordinates any investigation of claims, disputes, and credit opportunities.Profile
• Bachelor’s degree preferred;
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to listen and ask questions in order to gain an understanding of customer needs;
• Passionate to serve customers, with a street-smart mentality, capable of developing sustainable and profitable commercial relationships based on compelling value propositions;
• Ability to understand supply and demand and effect on pricing;
• Strong price and contract negotiation skills;
• Ability to work independently and prioritize activities to maximize sales volume and margins;
• Must be able to interface across multiple levels of the business in a positive and professional manner;
• Excellent computer skills, with working knowledge of MS Office programs;
• Professional experience in brewing or malting activities.
• Professional experience in business to business commercial activities. Including working under the scope a large number of customers of small/mid-size.
• Two or more years experience in commercial sales roles or a technical role that was oriented to customer interaction/solutions activities.